Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

My new light weight rifle

Rooster52

Ruger Compact left hand stainless in 308 . 5 1/2 pounds . Sweet little rifle. On order,will arrive in about a week.

congrats Rooster.......great choice........thought I read on Ruger technical site that it was 6 pounds.....maybe I read it wrong......or it depends if the mag is in!!

Last edited:
Plan on using this on a black bear hunt over bait. The short 18 inch barrel will work great from tree stand.

congrats Rooster.......great choice........thought I read on Ruger technical site that it was 6 pounds.....maybe I read it wrong......or it depends if the mag is in!!
Depends where you look. The add where I bought mine said 5 1/2 pounds. The web sight said 6 pounds and GUNBROKER.com list them at 5 pounds 11 ounces.I know it seems light and well balanced.

I agree with both NHY and belly-deep! Both my son's shoot lefthanded and there are very few options that lock the bolt on safe for them. That said, I am planning on both of them having 243s by next September and they'll probably be Ruger Americans.

I have long been a Browning A-Bolt fan but my new Ruger americans are taking over my thoughts.Well balanced and shoot great.At a good price.

PEAX Trekking Poles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leejones
Back