Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

My new bow!

Gravelyctry

My new to me bow arrived today! Very excited, I used to shoot recurves quite a bit but lost the time to keep proficient and sold everything. The kiddos are in college now, and I’ve got a little more time so I took the plunge And have to figure out how to shoot these things again.

it’s actually prettier than the pictures. He kept the quiver, so I’ll have to figure out how to carry some arrows at some point.

Attachments

• 2C9AB65E-D71F-44B6-87A6-306301D997EF.jpeg
    2C9AB65E-D71F-44B6-87A6-306301D997EF.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 48
  • BF72655D-0F6E-46BF-ADDA-FF09CDE37953.jpeg
    BF72655D-0F6E-46BF-ADDA-FF09CDE37953.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 46
  • 08EEDEC5-65E0-4D3D-A94A-98225E045242.jpeg
    08EEDEC5-65E0-4D3D-A94A-98225E045242.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 49
  • FF233C07-F198-4DA0-B6E8-57E0CD60C730.jpeg
    FF233C07-F198-4DA0-B6E8-57E0CD60C730.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 49
He said he already used to shoot recurves?! Don’t cam Haynes the man alright, if he wants to challenge himself to 20 yards instead of 180, let him. 😂

Nice bow, id bet you can find some decent quivers at the Local shop? And arrows, unless you plan on building your own?

I’m going to sort through arrows I already have to see what might work. Surprised my son tonight when I told him his arrows work great.
You must have better pawn shops than I do. Really doubt I could find a quiver or anything else that I’d want at one of ours.

Sweet bow!

I have a hip quiver that is flat and hold 4 arrows. I just hold it in my bow hand against the bow and pull arrows out of it, then drop it on the ground when I'm gonna shoot at something. May sound dumb, but I dislike a bow quiver and every other way I've worn a quiver it gets in the way or seems more annoying then just holding it against the bow.
I have yet to really give a back quiver a try though so I'm hoping that way fits me

Edit: what I'm trying to say is it seems like there is no comfortable way to carry arrows haha

Looks nice! Just curious? Who made it and what length is it? Doing research for my new future recurve😄.

It’s a 62” Poison Dart from Buddy Gould. Lots of positive feedback out there on Buddy. I sent him a note asking some questions and he responded quickly and was helpful.

3 Rivers archery might have a quiver you like.
Nice bow, it's screaming get me some wooden arrows, lol!!!

Various side quivers out there now too.

My new to me bow arrived today! Very excited, I used to shoot recurves quite a bit but lost the time to keep proficient and sold everything. The kiddos are in college now, and I’ve got a little more time so I took the plunge And have to figure out how to shoot these things again.

it’s actually prettier than the pictures. He kept the quiver, so I’ll have to figure out how to carry some arrows at some point.
(y)

Love the bow. All my recurves burned up a couple of years ago but just before the fire my daughter had a longbow made for me that I saved from the fire. I had my favorite recurve quiver on that bow even though it didn't really work well on a longbow. I have since gotten a new quiver for the longbow, so I happen to have a quiver laying around. It's kinda dirty, but I can clean it up. It is old, close to 30 years now. I have replaced the foam a couple of times with packing foam, and it should probably be replaced again but I may be convinced to part with it for the cost of shipping if you are interested.
quiver.jpg

Gouch, thanks for the offer but I ordered a Boa quiver from Thunderhorn Archery a few weeks ago. Im looking forward to having a better systems to carry arrows than I currently have.

Curly maple is definitely one of my favorite woods to build into bows. It's a very good bow wood as well as very appealing especially with just a light stain. It looks like bamboo or actionboo cores. Really good combo. You'll like that bow. There's more work in crafting one that nice than people realize. He does good work from the looks of it.

Long bows are fun. Really smooth draw and pretty forgiving. Just nice to shoot in general. Maybe one of these days I'll figure out where to find space in my garage for an 8 ft oven so I can build some.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tvrguy
Back