Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

My latest rifle find

Rooster52

Winchester model 100 in 284 Winchester cal. 8 boxes of ammo ,two magazine clips.Verygood condition. Never owned the 284.Cannot wait to shoot it.

Got the ammo along with 3 boxes of once fired brass.Always been interested in the 284.

That entire combo is hardto find. Nice pick!

These models had issues with their firing pins. Be sureto take it to a smith and ensure that the recall has been performed or you could get all 4 rounds with one trigger pull. They also need to be cleanedwell to run right. Don't be afraid to tear it down and scrub the chamber & gas system. Cool rifle!

Also bought a Marlin 444 lever gun with 6 boxes of ammo from same man.80 plus year old that has gave up his hunting.

Also bought a Marlin 444 lever gun with 6 boxes of ammo from same man.80 plus year old that has gave up his hunting.

Shame he had to give up hunting. Don't forget to gift him a deer roast or two when you get one with his rifle(s). I'm sure he would appreciate it.

A very under appreciated rifle. Winchester brought it out to compete with the Rem 742 family but the engineering and work that went into it cost too much to make it price competitive. I used to have the number to call at WW for checking the firing pin replacement by serial number but you should be able to Google it. I bought one in 308 for my grandnephew for $150.00 at an estate sale, ordered the new pin from WW and they included 30 bucks or so to pay a gunsmith to do the work but since the rate a smith charges had gone up so much I just changed it out myself.

Don't know what you paid for it, but on my last trip to Cabela's they had 8 or 9 of them on the rack and were asking an average of $750.00 each; way more than I would have expected.

Very nice! Heck, the ammo might be worth more than the rifle! The 284 was way a head of it's time. Now, you have the excuse to have New Ultra Light Arms build you a matching bolt action... ;)

It is a wonder why some cartridges cach on and some die away.The 284 is a near perfect cal. for medium size game,evenup to and includeing elk. Not a lot of recoil either. Just did not catch on.

7 Remington Mag...it simply rolls off the tongue conjuring images of speed and energy since 1962. Obviously a venerable marketing concept to compete with.

Rooster, How often do your trade rifles. I swear you are trading or buying every other week. This is admiration not giving you hell. How many rifles do you keep. I think in your conversations you have mentioned every caliber.

What a great hobby!

Admire your passion.

Last edited:
Rooster, How often do your trade rifles. I swear you are trading or buying every other week. This is admiration not giving you hell. How many rifles do you keep. I think in your conversations you have mentioned every caliber.

What a great hobby!

Admire your passion.

I know where one of his rifles is going :cool:

Yes it is a great hobby.I have quite a few rifles and a few shotguns but my love is for the rifles.Especially the older walnut/blued versions,but like them all.
I am getting a good collection of left hand Brownings. Just love those Brownings.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juicer52
Back