MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

My first Mulie!

mtnboy

Yeeeeeehaaaaaaaw!!! Well, after many summer scouting trips, eight days of hard hunting, several stalks blown at in the last 10 yards, many bags sweat off and the lucky cactus in the ankle...I got me my first Muley with a bow!!

It was the hour of the last day of the bow season - I'd scouted a steep draw with a small creek, in a mountainous desert like region. I'd seen this buck the night before, but it was after legal hours.

I still hunted the area near the creek for two hours before sunset, and he finally showed up about 100m from where I'd seen him the night before. I got up to about 25 yards but he was facing me head on and behind a bush. I moved for a clear shot...he started uphill.... I whistled... he stopped broadside.... >>>THWACK!! ;)

Found him at sunrise, 40 yards up, on the top of a small cliff - one lung, heart and stuck in the far shoulder. He was a small 2X about 170 lbs - ain't no wallhanger, but I'll like him on the plate...:D...:D

Cheers,
Mt^Boy Here's a few photos...
http://community.webshots.com/album/21315233sYUAWGrGwp

Congratulations MtnBoy. You know trophies take all kinds of different forms. Looks like a trophy to me. ONly one question. What Grouse? :cool:

Congrats Mtnboy. As Dan said it is a trophy. Sounds like you had a great hunt and were successful. Nice country you were in and thanks for the pics.

Way to go, mtnboy!
A muley with a bow is impressive, indeed!

Thanks for sharing the pics and story!

Oak

MntBOY.. Isn't that a RIFLE.. And not a BOW in the Picture.... :confused: :eek: :confused:

Just checking... Haha....

BIG MOOSIE CONGRATS MAN !!!!!!!!!

Guys - thank you fer your support!
Moosie - Biiig-Aass Bear I'd stalked up the valley the day before...Muley bleeding all night = Cowboy's Rifle...so pieces of MtnBoy ain't found in Biiig-Aass Bear's shiit the next day!! ;)

<FONT COLOR="#800080" SIZE="1">[ 17 September 2001 22:55: Message edited by: mtnboy ]</font>

Just some "ETHICS" PAyback 'BRO..... Letting ya know everything ya see or read isn;t always the way it seems.... *SMILE*

NICE COUNTRY.. DID ya have a Bear tag with ya.. How cool would that have been... :eek: :eek:

GOHUNT Insider

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Uncle_Danno
Back