My first bull down CO unit 2 Muzzleloader

Great story, and nice bull.

What kind of bullet did you shoot?

I'd guess him at 320, but face on pictures are hard to judge. Great bull for sure, congrats!

I took him with the 250gr Thor bullet in a Thompson Omega with blackhorn 209 powder. The bullet didn't expand as I thought it would but it was a longer shot quartering away and it went through about 8'' of backstrap before it hit his spine. I think it tumbled in the muscle as the back of the bullet was flattened and stuck in the spine. There was a big exit but the bullet was still there.

Great hunt. I would guess he would be gross in the 330's, but pictures often times don't do an animal justice.

Holy crap, nice bull. I'd guess him around 330ish........ but then again I haven't been at this as long as others here on the site. Congrats

Hard to judge but you said you didn't kill one in the 350 range is the only reason I previously said 335. He looks big in the pics but obviously you can't really judge by pics.

That's a dandy. I'd guess 332 for his score....but it is so hard to tell in photos. Is that call around your neck a sceery?....or what call is that?

Ya it's a sceery cow call, I really liked it. Got some good reactions but then again those bulls aren't playing with a full deck that time of year.

MHMT closest guess so far, within an inch! His net will likely end up just below 320. He was about as "typical" as any elk I've ever seen. Only a couple inches deductions.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
theghostbull
Back