Save $100 on the Leupold VX-3HD

My Days in Idaho are Numbered

Ovis

Found out today I'll be leaving the enlisted ranks of the Air Force soon for a life in the commissioned officer world. This is something I have been working on for quite some time (about 2 1/2 years) and will probably rank as the single most important highlight of my military career. It couldn't come at a better time as I reach my 10 year mark in the military (I am half way through my military career before reaching retirement). I'm not sure how soon I will be leaving, but most likely around October or November. I just wanted to say thank you to the number of people I have met during my time here in this beautiful state of Idaho (Gunner, Moosie, Wiley, 1-pointer, Ithaca, and a few others) and who have kinda catered to this outsider...it is all much appreciated. When the time comes for me to go, I'll likely be absent from the board for a steady three months and then in and out for another 9 - 12 months as I go through two different phases of school in Alabama and Florida. I'll be sure to stop in and say hi when I can though, but my studies will surely have me buckled down. Once I finish school I'll be spending the majority of my time flying and away from home most of the time. I'll be working from an E-3 AWACS (pic attached). Not sure where I will be permanently assigned to, but Oklahoma, Alaska, Japan, Germany, and a few others are likely, and maybe one day back to Idaho working Ground Operations.

Well, I have taken up enough web space, but once again I wanted to say thank you and share my good news.

usawacs2.jpg

I was Navy. We called them Mustangers. Always had the most respect for an Officer that had worked his way up thru the enlisted ranks. Congrates. Good luck and keep in touch.

WW

Maybe you can look into some kind of deal, where you keep your Idaho Residency for hunting.... ;)

You might look into buying one of the Lifetime Licenses for Idaho.

Congrats on the comission, and I know you worked on it for a long time. I would say my "hats off to you", but I never wear hats, that is Moosie's department. :rolleyes:

But you and Shannon (and daughter) always have place to stay when you are here, or passing through, at the Double Wide.

Way to go Ovis, I'm very glad things are looking upward and onward, I sure hope the next ten find you in high places...
Again Congrats and Good Luck... :D

Good Luck Ovis.. That EyeintheSky job is important and I can't think of anyone who can do it better... Just be no the lookout for smartassed guys who like to salute butterbar Louies with thier left hand...

:cool:

Congratulations Ovis! Wish you the very best. The guys are right about the fishing in Masawa. If you get the chance take advantage of it. Ohio has a little thingie in the hunting laws where an active duty memberwho is home on leave does not require a license. Check out your favorite spot and maybe it would be worthwhile to adjust your "home of record"! :D
click here

Ovis
Congrats.

if you get stationed in Japan I am asuming you would be at misawa. That place has some of the best fishing and hunting in the world and they got some huge ass bears. Let me know I still remember a few places on base and off base, I hear they are still non developed. the pheasant hunting up there is incredible also

Delw

Ovis,
Congrats!! Some of the best men I served with were recruited NCOs turned butter bars. Whereever you wind up, remember EVERY base has a recreation office where you can obtain info on license and hunting/fishing opportunities. Most states offer resident costs to active duty or LESS. Don't miss out if you can. Your personal weapons are allowed to be stored in the armory for access and EVRY cook on the base will be kissing your feet to try something wild!! Best of luck, be safe.

Chas

OVIS.... You Son OF a BEOCH !!!!! Yopu were the Only one that could keep Gunner in line ;)

Good luck to yah... And do Buy the Idaho Resident Lifetime Licence. It will pay 10 Fold in the Future when You apply for the Sheep permit :D

When is the Official Leave date ?!?! I like 1-pointers Idea, Maybe we could have it at Gunners place... He can Even give you Directions .. (HEHE).

Yip well done Ovis, going to miss your input here its one of the few worth reading
, Hope you get down the south pacific one day.

Err Gunner whats a "Double wide" :confused: .

Originally posted by kiwi hunta:
Yip well done Ovis, going to miss your input here its one of the few worth reading
, Hope you get down the south pacific one day.

Err Gunner whats a "Double wide" :confused: .
Kiwi,
My "stuff" is always worth reading.... ;)

A "double wide" is a name for a Mobile Home, or Manufactured Home, or Trailer House that comes in two sections. They are built in a factory on a metal frame, and then pulled by truck out to the permanent point of installation.

If you ever see the news from the US about Tornadoes hitting the ground, they always hit the Trailer parks and lift up the Double wides.... :eek:

I am always willing to host a party... No problem there.... Let me know the date, and we can have Ovis do the cooking... :D

1-Ptr, when you headed to God's country next???

Thanks for all the congrats guys, very much appreciated. I'm in a rush here to get packing, I am tentatively scheduled to depart the house at 3 a.m. for Anchorage.

Del

I could care less about the fishing, but tell me more about the hunting...r u chitting me?

Elkgunner

You know where I hang my hat. Nothing is changing and you (and everyone else here) will know where to find me in 10 years. Might even get lucky and get 3 or 4 years in Anchorage before then ;)

Elkchsr

Those high places should be somewhere around 29,000' (ceiling for the E-3).

Dan

You seem like you know a thing or two about this lifestyle and career field. What is your background?

1-pointer

Already thought of that. Was gonna have a gathering at my house with the folks from work and then open it up here to anyone who would like to come, but then realized I might lose my reputation with someone like Moosie around, so scratch that. We can throw a seperate fiesta.

Paws

Ain't nothing changing my home of record from Alaska. That'll be where the hat hangs...no doubt about it.

Moosie

Not sure of the official date at this time. I requested a date no earlier than 1 Oct for obvious reasons (I can do mucho hunting before then). The party is a sure thing!

Everyone else

Thanks again for the kudos and motivational input. Consider my time away from the site a leave of absence...I'll be back online as soon as I can. No need to worry about it now though. I still have a few more months (I think) to post pics and harass folks.

Wish I could have met you. It seems we had a couple of friends in common. Good luck in OTS.

Buy the lifetime license for ID. Its great to have the resident odds of drawing for the rest of your life. Also, I tip my hat in thanks for putting your life on the line.

Maybe I'll be able to make the going away party.

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back