Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

My Daughter's Herd.

tarheel

These are a few of the herd which occupy my daughter's neighborhood in Charlotte, NC. They're in her yard almost daily and this is in town, miles from the countryside. Two pairs of twins, the does and a forkhorn buck down by the curb. This year is unprecedented by the number of twins that are being observed around the state.

Attachments

• IMG_1013.JPG
    IMG_1013.JPG
    45.2 KB · Views: 669
My in laws live in south Charlotte. She had to put deer fences up as they were mowing down everything in sight. They are everywhere. About 8 year ago there was a huge 10 pointer that lived on the unc Charlotte campus. I used to see him riding my mtn bike.

I would imagine folks are feeding them. Bad idea. Illegal here.

I'm not sure about Tarheel's daughter or her neoghbors, but I live about 20 miles from Charlotte (Concord) and it is nothing to see the numbers of deer like this in my yard and we, nor our neighbors feed them, although it is perfectly legal. My wife seen 16 in our front yard one morning. We have a Urban Archery season in my town that is after the regular season to try to keep the numbers in check inside the city limits. However, Charlotte doesn't allow UA and in some areas, the deer are getting a little thick.

My in laws live in south Charlotte. She had to put deer fences up as they were mowing down everything in sight. They are everywhere. About 8 year ago there was a huge 10 pointer that lived on the unc Charlotte campus. I used to see him riding my mtn bike.

This is about a mile South of Southpark Mall. Large wooded lots, gullies and a small creek which means the flood plain isn't built on and provides a protective corridor for miles. The residents don't feed them and discourage anyone else from it, but there isn't a hosta plant to be found in the area; whities really like hostas.

Back