MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

My 2021 Iowa season

Started fishing blackhawk park midmorning on Saturday. The guys with tip ups were doing good on northern. If course I leftmy tip ups at home. The pan fishing was terrible. So I decided to make a move over to Lansing. Ended up with 13 keepers and threw back about 30 smalls.

20210306_141445.jpg

20210306_141416.jpg

Since the weather is so warm and the ice melting off the channels I decided not to fish this morning. I came home early and now cleaning up the boat for open water season.

Finally made it out to the Turkey woods. Set up 3 hours before dark and everything was quiet for the first 2 hours. About an hour before dark the turkeys crossed a little opening to the south. Couldn't see em but sounded like a few hens and one Tom. About a half hour before dark we had the hens right behind us but the tom was gobbling about 70 yards off. Then all was quiet. Great first outing for the Turkey season.

Took the day off today to get ready to take the wife back out to the Blackhills South Dakota. I've been there many times but the wife has only been last Christmas when I took her for a few days. Now she wants the summer tourist experience. Will be heading west in the morning. One bit of excitement is my distant family used to have a cattle ranch south of the Blackhills which they had to sell a few years back. I haven't been there for about 30 years but my family is in good with the new owner so I get to take the wife out to show her that.

Was going to take the wife for a boat ride this morning with the small boat. Been having trouble with that old motor and I'm done with it. At the boat ramp it just wasn't happy. Loaded it back on the trailer and now thinking about another new honda for this boat. Thinking about the new honda 15 horse.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back