My 2011 NV mule deer mount

LuckyMike

Here's a couple of different angles and lighting of my recently completed mule deer mount. This buck wasn't the monster I was hoping to shoot in Nevada. But after hunting and scouting three weeks and seeing quite a number of bucks, a couple of them perhaps better that this one, I was happy to come home with this 170" class buck. After mounting him and putting him in a great spot in the living room, he means even more to me because he represents the whole hunt,the whole experience, which was outstanding. I had some difficulties with this deer's cape due to him being infested with ticks which caused him to scratch areas near his armpits so severely that several square inches of hair was worn off and had to be cut away. Overall, I'm happy with the way the mount turned out and will take this opportunity to share some pictures with you.
P1000980.JPG
P1000978.JPG
P1000984.JPG

This next picture shows how I fit this guy into my front room among some of the other animals I've mounted over the years.
P1000997.JPG

Hey, I was jealous when I saw the first picture, then you really sent me over the top with that last photo. Congrats on a great trophy room!

Looking at pictures on this site makes me realize I have wasted my life!

That's a handsome deer!

I can't wait until NDOW publishes the seasons so I can figure what hunts to apply for.

That is very, very nice LuckyMike, great workmanship. Your other muley is a haws too! Great room --- no pun :)

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
idelkhntr13
Back