Must be tough

I have no problem with him changing that. Its unfortunate that he cant do it for free but not surprising. Now if he is charging to attend things like the bha Rendezvous or other events that support his message than Ill start to get suspicious.

I’m not a fan, but good for him. It’s pretty desperate that someone would pay that type of money, when we have so many other problems in this world.

I've alot of respect for Rinella. I think his messages are over-overwhelmingly positive for hunting and public land issues. His podcasts and youtube videos drive me bonkers though, when he asks someone a question and they begin to answer, he will just talk right over them without allowing them to speak.

Good for him. Rinella's worked darned hard to get where he is and he deserves every cent of that fee. He's made a job out of his passion, which is not easy to do, and I bet at the end of the day the guy makes far less than you think. Your friend's college probably would fall all over themselves to come up with the $250,000 or whatever it is former-candidate Clinton charges for a speech these days...

TANSTAAFL- It's an econominc principal I learned when I was at a "small college back home" There ain't no such thing as a free lunch. Another way to say it is- A$$, Grass or CASH... no one rides for free. Don't hate on a brother for making a living.

I got no problem when someone charges for doing something for someone that means they are not able to use that time to otherwise make money, be with family and relax. Good for Rinella. As for flying First Class, who wouldn't want to when means a bit more privacy and can possibly recline your seat enough to catch up on sleep. Is not always an ego thing. Sure ain't getting comfortable in Coach flying domestic these days. I am not quite 6' and my knees get killed in Coach. Southwest Air is most comfortable Coach seating for me up to about 3 hours but on longer flights I need extra room for the knees if I am going to nap or sleep. Sometimes is hard to grasp how little normalcy there is when everyone is asking for a piece of your time or a quick chat and, oh, can you sign this and how about a quick picture. Imagine every time you walk through an airline terminal that you are interrupted and if you are running to catch a connection then you are rude. Same at a meal out if you just want to carry on a conversation with the spouse or business partner. So, you fly First Class, you use the airport VIP club, you eat in the private room at the restaurant, you valet park your car and you vacation outside the U.S. hoping by doing so will be a brief trip back in time to how it was before you became recognizable.

I imagine Rinella thanks his lucky stars he has built a brand and is down to earth enough to acknowledge he sought out this path. Much like Shockey. You put your face out there and there is a cost. Does not mean Rinella and Shockey can't claw back some normalcy as dart back and forth to make money. Living on the road is a pain in the rear. Living on the road while being recognized is less fun.

Quick sidebar: Try Jetblue if they fly near you. I'm 6 foot 2 inches and I can get pretty comfortable in all of their seats. In the exit rows I can keep my legs straight and stretched out with my feet under the seat in front of me.

Quick sidebar: Try Jetblue if they fly near you. I'm 6 foot 2 inches and I can get pretty comfortable in all of their seats. In the exit rows I can keep my legs straight and stretched out with my feet under the seat in front of me.

I have not flown Jet Blue. I will look into them. I tend to board Southwest early though and in some configurations of the 737 there is a reclining seat at the Exit Row zone where the seat in front has been pulled. I get that seat with the ample leg room quite often. I had a guy well over 6' get the last seat on the plane which was next to me and I offered to trade then I actually insisted. That poor bastard looked like a giant sitting at a kid's desk when he was in the middle seat. I think was a sub-2 hour flight so no big deal for me to deal with less leg room. He bought me a drink and turned out he rarely flies so not a road warrior. I hope he never flies American Airlines MD series Coach.

His podcasts and youtube videos drive me bonkers though, when he asks someone a question and they begin to answer, he will just talk right over them without allowing them to speak

Lol you would hate thanksgiving at our house... the speech is so pressured Freddie Mercury could write a song about it...

Last edited:
Make hay while the sun is shining.
I've alot of respect for Rinella. I think his messages are over-overwhelmingly positive for hunting and public land issues. His podcasts and youtube videos drive me bonkers though, when he asks someone a question and they begin to answer, he will just talk right over them without allowing them to speak.

“Okay I wanna get back to that but...”

Caribou Gear

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back