Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Mules or horses

crapshoot

Anyone know of anybody near ely Nevada that runs stock? Im looking to get back in a ways for my elk hunt in late Nov. There will be 2 people for a week or better. to be honest, i don't know the first thing about packing in on animals and really don't have the money to pay a guide. Flame me if you will , but your assistance would be better appreciated. Feel free to shoot me a PM.

Thank You ,
Lance

Maybe try the chamber of commerce for contacts?

Mayby call a few guides in the area as well and see what they know.

Sounds like a fun trip.

"i don't know the first thing about packing in on animals"...but you want to pack in anyway? Sounds like a prescription for a serious problem.

Have you given any thought to finding someone to set up a spike camp for you? Pack you in, drop you off, come back and get you in a week?

:cool:

Kind of what were looking for. I don't necessarily want to do the pack trip my self. We have the gear, just need some mules to help get it in and out.

Most outfitters will pack you in, and drop you off and/or set up a drop camp for you. The problem with drop camps is that if the hunting is really good, they will be running guided hunters out of there. Not always but it stands to reason that this is the case. However if you pick where you want to go and just get someone to drop you and your gear off and come back and get you that could work.

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CZ452Scout
Back