Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

MT Whitetail

Antler King

I finally filled the deer tag in mid November. Normally I have a deer killed using a bow before this time of year, but since I was holding out for something bigger than I have shot before it was taking longer than normal. I have taken quite a few 140-150 class Whitetails in the past but have never shot a 160 or better buck myself, which my wife constantly reminds me of every time I kill a deer since her best Whitetail is pushing 170. So after over 20 days of hunting between archery and rifle season I was able to take a good buck of my own that is comparable to the wifes. I saw 72 Whitetail bucks this year with 5 of them being 140 plus deer. This was the 29th buck I rattled in this season. I take a lot of time to get good field photos of the animals but unfortunatley (Stupidly) this day I left the camera at the house instead of putting it in the backpack. So No field photos:( I was 6.2 miles from the truck according to the GPS and walking in about a foot of snow. I had set up above a thick Cedar thicket to rattle after the second sequence the buck came out and walked broadside about 40 yards before he disappered back into the thicket, I thought I blew my chance, but after a quick Snort-Wheeze the buck showed himself again. The shot was 175 yards. After caping the deer and boning it out I got to try out the new Eberlestock Backpack. The deer gross scores 168 2/8 inches

Attachments

• 2011 Whitetail Buck 003.jpg
    2011 Whitetail Buck 003.jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 354
  • 2011 Whitetail Buck 029.jpg
    2011 Whitetail Buck 029.jpg
    19.1 KB · Views: 361
  • 2011 Whitetail Buck 021.jpg
    2011 Whitetail Buck 021.jpg
    74.3 KB · Views: 349
that is a beauty man!! Not many of those running around............The buck i arrowed in MT last year ended up with the EXACT same score;)
Great work!

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alaska2Montana
Back