Google Bot Data Mined Super-Fund Site

Holy smokes buffybr that story and photo are amazing! Love the golden retriever tagging along. It can get mighty lonely in the unlimiteds. Sure would be nice to have a partner like that. (Not so fun to add dog food to the pack ;))

A couple more "vintage" pics of my other unlimited rams. All were taken on DIY solo hunts. My rifle was my .257 Ackley that I built with a Mauser Mark X action, and shooting 117 grain Sierra GameKing handloads. I shot the ram in the first pic in unit 302 and I shot the second ram in unit 500.
GIs2cU8l.jpg

UE2F1aZl.jpg

Well I don't have your skill set......I'm hoping for beginners luck!!!!!!!!

Great rams!!!!!!!!!!

FYI - it is also impossible to kill animals without the use of camo........

And denim...... the old school boys gotta be laughing their asses off at us gear freaks. Here I am comparing oz. of weight and r values on sleeping pads and these guys literally hunted some of most rugged nasty country in America in sheep skin denim jackets, wore cotton long John's and wool shirts. Slept under the stars on a canvas bed roll and ate canned beans with Vienna sausages. Man.......I can only imagine what they're thinkin about us.
F-in' p@ssies.

Interesting. I've found them to be dumber than a post in other places.

Me too. As a kid my mom and step dad had rock creek 210 sheep in our yard weekly. They just stand there.

Sheep in the wilderness in the Beartooth units of the unlimiteds are as wiley of an animal as there is when they are back there. The ones that come to accessible, inhabited winter ranges act like any other sheep in the winter.

The ram group that had the ram I missed had us pinned down for hours because I got cold and tried to slowly pull my puffy out of my backpack. They caught that movement at 420 yards and wouldn’t let it go.

I’ve had ewes catch a little of my movement and scramble up into the rocks with their lambs and keep going until they were out of sight.

My pal caught a ram in late October moving across an 11k foot plateau. It caught a sniff of him at 250 yards and turned around and went back up into the spires and into the next basin.

All of the encounters I’ve had back in the mountains, off the winter range, if the sheep have any indication you’re there, they are gone.

I feel like i've come across a couple of these photos in one of the books from the great rams series buffbr, am I imagining things? Awesome photos for sure thanks for sharing.
I wish! No, the only place these photos have been published is where I've posted them on the internet, but thanks for your comment.

As to the comments about wearing cotton, or jeans, or no camo ... I'm old school. I've worn jeans most of my life, and most of my North American hunting pics show me in jeans. If you look closely, I have the same yellow cotton shirt on in each of those sheep pictures, and also in many other of my hunting pictures from the '70s and '80s. It was kind of like my good luck shirt. The pics don't show it, but I have also always worn cotton socks! Even when I was a ski instructor and pro patrolman at several Colorado ski areas when it was -30* F on the slopes. I do have some camo now. ;)

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gowest23
Back