MT Turkey Mount Finished

Art Vandeley

I was able to go pick up my finished turkey mount about a month ago. John Berger in Bozeman did the work for me. Everything he's done for me has turned out fantastic, it only took about 10 month too. I really like how it turned out. The pictures don't quite do it justice in my mind. I have never seen one mounted in this pose.

Attachments

• Turkey Mount 003.jpg
    Turkey Mount 003.jpg
    32.1 KB · Views: 311
  • Turkey Mount 004.jpg
    Turkey Mount 004.jpg
    32 KB · Views: 301
  • Turkey Mount 005.jpg
    Turkey Mount 005.jpg
    21.5 KB · Views: 296
  • Turkey Mount 006.jpg
    Turkey Mount 006.jpg
    32.3 KB · Views: 295
  • Turkey Mount 002.jpg
    Turkey Mount 002.jpg
    23.5 KB · Views: 300
Last edited:
THAT mount is cool. Makes me think of all the years I hunted this one spot in the South Dakota prairie which had the designated roosting tree.The tree was about fifty feet tall but grew out of a coulee which was tight and abrupt and about 25 ft. deep.I would creep up to the edge of this tree/coulee in the early light and wait for fly down.Sometimes there were upwards of 20 birds in this tree with competing toms.Fond memories of multiple toms going berserk,gobbling their heads off ,getting all twitchy for enough light, and the prairie wind blowing their feathers.This was private land but part of the public access program(kudos to South Dakota for this) .Some Texan bought the whole area last year for their one week pheasant hunt and shut the whole area down.:(
Maybe I will honor #50 in such a fashion.Thanks for the post.

Nice! Their firing up in PA already. Can't wait till spring turkey is in.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back