MT trip plans....

I'm back and had a good time!
PaddlefishTrip2005021.jpg

Elkchsr- Sorry I didn't get ahold of you, but everytime we came through Butte we were hauling the mail. Maybe next time.

Big Sky- I was going to give you a call on Saturday night (we never made it to Fairview), but ran into some problems with locals and the car we were in. Sorry I missed you, I'll be back!

Pointer... Did the problem with the locals have anything to do with that rainbow sticker on the bumper of your volkswagon... :D

Looks like a good trip! What does a paddle fish taste like? Mud??? Do people even eat them?

Tyler, glad you had fun pillaging our MT wildlife.

I suppose you ripped off our local Wal-marts as well (returning used fishing equipment).:eek: :D

I was going to give you a call on Saturday night (we never made it to Fairview), but ran into some problems with locals and the car we were in. Sorry I missed you, I'll be back!

1-Pointer,

Can imagine what kind of trouble the locals would give unless you had an End Welfare Ranching bumper sticker on it.

Congrats on the Paddlefish.

Bambi,

People eat Paddlefish. There is just a very small portion up on the backbone that is edible. It kind of has a sweet taste to it. Not great eating but okay.

Nemont

miller- No ripping off any of the MT economy went on, I still have the BRIGHT yellow rod/reel that I bought at the Glendive Farm & Ranch. It was an idea though... ;)

All- The trouble with locals was good trouble. They wouldn't let us walk by their camps without having a beer with them. After you walk by a few camps on the way to the car things can get a bit 'interesting' for the trip back to camp... :D Then on the way back to camp we had a flat, so we had to stop in the Oasis Bar (which was hosting a wedding reception) and the Beer Jug to find out where to get a new tire on a holiday weekend Sunday!

Pointer,

Nothing better than road tripping and seeing new land and sub-cultures.

So....what is the technique for snagging those dinosaurs? Drift it, then yank when it goes tight? Or is it the steady yank-yakity action?

Let me know if you're coming this way for birds this fall. The door is open.

Pointer,

Nothing better than road tripping and seeing new land and sub-cultures.

So....what is the technique for snagging those dinosaurs? Drift it, then yank when it goes tight? Or is it the steady yank-yankity action?

Let me know if you're coming this way for birds this fall. The door is open.

T-bone- Diddo on the road tripping comment! If I can hunt/fish along the way it's just about my favorite thing. Technique is to tie a HUGE ass treble hook about 1' above a 5oz sinker. Using a sturgeon rod, huck it out there as far as you can wait a few seconds, then reel it tight and yank, reel and yank, etc. By the end of the day my ribs and shoulders were sore from yanking on the rod (;)) and landing fish.

PS- I'll let you know about this fall. Still waiting on draws...

1-Pointer,

Eastern Montana, Which you continue to confuse with West Dakota, is home to some of the friendliest people on earth.

Glad you enjoyed your trip.

Nemont

1 pointer,
To bad I'm reading this now,we were down at Fred Robbinson,that weekend also.If I'd have know you could had a few beers with us.
We were camped at the Willows.We did good also,I caught a 45 lb and 75 lb and we had few more from 25-93 lbs.
Heck I even probaly had a tire for ya.
If you go next year get a hold of me,we go every year.
BBJ

BBJ- I'll keep that in mind! Beings the springs are pretty boring here I can see this being a new yearly event. Now I just have to match the travel up with the Bucking Horse Sale! :D

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MontanaPete59102
Back