MT Snowies elk

Actually that is not what it says. If you fly for the purpose of spotting game, you are correct. If you fly directly into an area, you can hunt that same day
Agree with you. The author of the question was planning to push (scoot) game over in a helicopter ….so they would not be able to hunt immediately.

Their is a farm owner here in Pa owns a lot of property prob thousands of acres in different parcels and they never let anyone hunt ever
Ive always thought it was due to liability these days wealthy folks have to know if someone has an accident they prob will get sued

Agree with you. The author of the question was planning to push (scoot) game over in a helicopter ….so they would not be able to hunt immediately.
was just kinda trying to be funny didnt really think it was a way to hunt

Actually that is not what it says. If you fly for the purpose of spotting game, you are correct. If you fly directly into an area, you can hunt that same day
I think you would lose that battle in court every time.

I think you would win that battle in court every time.
No way. Look at the body of evidence the judge is going to be looking at when you show up in court on this. You flew in, shot and elk in less than a days walk from where you landed and your defense is your word promising you didn't look out the window at all as you flew in.

just to add my two cents... several elk get killed every year on the N-bar. They (Wilks) are hunters and invite others to hunt it.

No way. Look at the body of evidence the judge is going to be looking at when you show up in court on this. You flew in, shot and elk in less than a days walk from where you landed and your defense is your word promising you didn't look out the window at all as you flew in.
The burden of proof is on the state, bot the accused.

I know you are innocent until proven guilty but in the end it does come down to a judges decision unless you push it to a jury trial and then it's an entire juries decision. I personally think the judge is going to see the fact that you were at an extremely good vantage point and then took an animal in a short time frame as enough evidence to say you spotted those animals from the air.

Way to derail the thread guys! One guy asks a hypothetical question and the rest spend 3 days debating the odds of winning the legal battle.

Let’s get back on track. Hopefully some people attend the meeting in Lewistown to voice their displeasure with Montana’s current state of affairs with the elk situation in that area. As noted earlier, that unit is 13% under objective and needs to be managed as such.

PEAX Trekking Poles

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back