MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

MT Sheep HDs 500 & 501 Safety Network

That's what all about kad11. I know one of those pictures was the zone though.

Yep, all three are from the same district...I wasn't too concerned about giving away my district since I'm on the 5-10 year harvest plan anyway😀.

Haha, it seems like you'll have a legal ram in your crosshairs pretty soon. It's been really cool to watch guys like you, MTGomer, Bighorn, and others go through the process over the years.

I admire the adventure-oriented attitude and willingness to "fail" (as in not harvesting an animal) that I've seen from you guys. It's really refreshing to see...

Last edited:
Keep the pictures coming... they are awesome!

FWIW, Garmin confirmed what many of you have already said about turning off your location when sending messages.

MTGomer, I sure hope you are right. You are the reason I made it that far. I will forever be grateful for your friendship, encouragement and advice. This is your year my friend. Thanks for everything.

Cbow I tip my hat to you brother, Gomers right on there about you. Don't sell yourself short it could be your year just like anyone of us. Good luck to you buddy.

Kad I'd be interested in being in your circle if I do get a tag this year. I see you are posting for it on rockslide as well. What's your thought process with this whole thing. Having some big circle group text going or what? I mean how is everyone going to connect when your the only one receiving the contacts? One's only allowed so many messages and in a group text it eats them up real quick.

For those of you that have a satellite device to touch base with home while you're deep in the mountains, what are you using? Did you buy one or rent one for a hunt? I'm looking into options to sooth a worrier of a wife while I'm out on my own.

For those of you that have a satellite device to touch base with home while you're deep in the mountains, what are you using? Did you buy one or rent one for a hunt? I'm looking into options to sooth a worrier of a wife while I'm out on my own.
Bought one.....garmin se plus and I suspend the service outta season. I went with that one because it has a keypad. I typically use it with the earth mate app on my phone. But if something were to happen to my phone and I got no messenger then what? That's why I have a stand alone unit. Makes a guy feel pretty good. I send my bride a message and then she forwards to a group of people to give them updates. That way I only use one message.

I'm gathering contact info (name, email, HD) now until July/ August. Sometime in August I'll reach out to everyone I have contact info for and get satellite communicator info. I'll compile a list organized by HD and then email that info back out to everyone.

The idea is that you'll have a list of names and numbers for guys that will be in your unit during the opener. If an emergency arose, you could send a request for help to everyone in your unit and maybe someone would be close enough to provide some basic assistance before SAR arrived.

The most basic plan limits you to 10 messages so that could be an issue.

I've only got info for one other guy so far. Obviously that's way too few for this network to have any sort of effectiveness. PM me your name, email, and HD (500 or 501) if you'd like to be included. I'll probably just dissolve this idea if I don't have at least 4-5 guys per unit by mid August.

Best of luck to all the unlimited sheep hunters this fall and stay safe!

Hey guys,
I've only received info from three guys between the two units so I think this idea is a bust. Best of luck to everyone chasing rams in the unlimiteds this year!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Infraredice
Back