NEW SITKA Ambient 75

MT results

Something is not right. Mine is similar. I had to sit and think about it but I too remember checking that I want a refund for the elk portion if not successful in the special elk draw. I show I DREW the deer/elk combo, but there is nothing showing unsuccessful or pending for the special elk. I do not remember what my elk points were last year, but I show I have 7 as of now. I will have to call them and ask what is up. For those who have draw or not as a nonres for the elk, does your status show something for the special draw or are you just looking at your bonus point change?

If you go through the "MyFWP" tab on FWP's home page and do a search it will show you if you were successful in the elk/deer permit draws. You can also check your bonus points doing it this way.

I'm in a similar boat as schmaltz & brownbear. I am showing a point for not drawing the special deer or elk, but the biggame combo is listed as unsuccessful. However, I asked for a full refund. I assume I drew the biggame combo but since I didn't draw any special permit and am getting a full refund the combo is moved to unsuccessful as they don't have a "refunded" section. Thoughts?

I'm in a similar boat as schmaltz & brownbear. I am showing a point for not drawing the special deer or elk, but the biggame combo is listed as unsuccessful. However, I asked for a full refund. I assume I drew the biggame combo but since I didn't draw any special permit and am getting a full refund the combo is moved to unsuccessful as they don't have a "refunded" section. Thoughts?

Well last night I was messing around and noticed they have two different links on the website. I have always checked my status draws,bonus points, ect. under the ALS search tab and this showed Unsuccessful on everything even my Big Game Combo. Low and behold last night I hit the link on the home page to check status and it shows I drew the Big Game Combo (deer tag retained). Looks like the dept may need to get their crap straight with the two different links on the site!

My dad drew a mule deer buck tag for the snow crest (unit 324). I have never hunted this unit. Anyone have any pointers for us, like which end of the mountain range to start looking or access into the mountain range.

My dad drew a mule deer buck tag for the snow crest (unit 324). I have never hunted this unit. Anyone have any pointers for us, like which end of the mountain range to start looking or access into the mountain range.

Love these ones.

MT Muley do you mean you love that tag or my post?
I'm sorry if I came across wrong. Just wondering what people think of the tag. Is it a good tag? Not looking to poach information from anyone. My dad and I are willing to do the leg work necessary for ourselves. I spent most my time hunting in the Gallatin range growing up and never set foot in the Snow Crest. I will certainly share our hunt experience with you all.
Again sorry if I came across wrong. I'm new here and perhaps I don't know the right way to approach these questions.
Thanks again

I thought the same thing but I do it online pretty much dummy free there. I also went back and checked my printed material everything looks good to me. I received both bonus points on my permits so I had to be in the permit drawings I assume? Oh well I guess I will see what I get in the mail if it's a gen. deer tag or a total refund. Refund sounds nice at this point in the game.

Not sure what happened for you, but the online system doesn't fully stop you from making mistakes. I bought 2 bear tags this year....accidentally.

Yeah that's what they sent me but by "bought" I mean "paid" for. I paid for 2 basically by getting the Sportsman w/ bear package as well as selecting a separate bear license. It was my own fault.

They didn't send me 2 sets...

On top of that I assumed that by applying for a Turkey Permit that I'd automatically receive a Turkey tag for OTC units...not so. Again my fault, I wish it was dummy-proof.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Failure2Adapt
Back