Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

MT MSG Drawing this week?

golfer

Think MT FWP will be a week ahead of the posted dated for MSG drawings like the were for elk and deer?

I don’t think they were a week ahead for the others. I think they forgot to change the draw date for the others in the regs and drew when they were planning to.
When they came out with the new system, they said that the draw time would be about what the MSG deadline is.
I’d take the results now though.

Given the next FWP Commission meeting is June 18th, I suspect we have a bit of time to wait. Maybe I am wrong and at some earlier Commission meeting they finalized the tag quotas. If nothing else, it makes for good daydreaming material.

I have been sacrificing a nightly glass of bourbon and weekly can of spam to the exalted and merciful Hunting Gods.

Last year I hunted the Elkhorns for elk, and this year I will shoot a sheep in there - maybe 15 minutes from home again.

"For God so loved the full-curled, that he gave is only begotten Sheep, that whosoever believeth on him should not miss a large-bodied ram squarish, but have eternal sharp knife." Fish On - 3:16

I'm dying to see the results, three of us applied for ewe tags first choice with enough points to hopefully draw. Figured we all wanted to have at least one sheep hunt in our lives so we might as well burn our points and then we can start playing the lottery for rams again haha.

I know they originally said with the elimination of paper apps that it would only take two weeks for results to come out. The date on FWP's website says May 11th.

I know they originally said with the elimination of paper apps that it would only take two weeks for results to come out. The date on FWP's website says May 11th.
The website said April 20 for deer and elk and they were out about a week before that this year.

Given the next FWP Commission meeting is June 18th, I suspect we have a bit of time to wait. Maybe I am wrong and at some earlier Commission meeting they finalized the tag quotas. If nothing else, it makes for good daydreaming material.
The regulations say they’ll be out May 11.
Are you saying that we have to possibly wait until after June 18, or am I misunderstanding?

The website said April 20 for deer and elk and they were out about a week before that this year.
When they came out with this new system, they said draw results would be able to be turned around in two weeks.
deer elk came out in that time frame. I think the website/regs just wasn’t updated with the faster draw timeframe resulting from the new system.

The regulations say they’ll be out May 11.
Are you saying that we have to possibly wait until after June 18, or am I misunderstanding?

Nope, you are not misunderstanding. I am further evidence that men over 50 do not read instructions. I didn't see that on the regs, rather relied on the old manner of "Look at the June meeting when they approve quotas and know the drawing starts the next day."

My bad. But happy to see what they have stated, as this is my year for a tag.

I have been sacrificing a nightly glass of bourbon and weekly can of spam to the exalted and merciful Hunting Gods.

Last year I hunted the Elkhorns for elk, and this year I will shoot a sheep in there - maybe 15 minutes from home again.

"For God so loved the full-curled, that he gave is only begotten Sheep, that whosoever believeth on him should not miss a large-bodied ram squarish, but have eternal sharp knife." Fish On - 3:16

I haven’t spent too much time in the elk horns but I’ve never seen sheep in there. Been super interested about where they hang out.

That being said I’ve only seen sheep in a few areas in the unit I apply for.

Back