MT Guv vetoes

onpoint

I'm pretty sure a lot have already emailed Guv Bri to ask him to veto SB 255.
SB 237, "test and slaughter?" is also (most likely) on it's way to his desk next week, if that bill concerns folks - maybe yet another email.

A few other bills for which to consider the same treatment:

HB 541 -Livestock trailing thru game ranges exempt from regulation
HB 458 - Board of Outfitters to no longer consist of 2 outfitters, 2 sportsmen, 1 "public"
HB 272 - Eliminate ability to use hunting access fees to purchase ground

And... before a veto is considered - SB 348, Barrett's wolf mgmt funding bill is up for hearing on Monday.

Interesting side note (maybe just to me). HB 339, transmittted to Guv, eliminates the 300 limit on NR youth tags. There was a lot of hubbub about increasing NR tags above what already exists. From what I can see in the text of this bill, there is now no limit on these tags. Unless I am missing something, this - setting aside R attitudes about NR tags & youth hunting emotional appeal- is the same thing a lot of guys were so concerned about but I've heard no discussion on this one. Do certain extra NR tags not upset folks like others might. Anybody care to weigh in?

Anyways, some of the above bills aren't as aggregious as some of the stuff wev'e seen - but continuing to oppose them (to me at least) drives the message wev'e been sending all session a little deeper.

by the way, getting the dog on huns with the sun on the fresh Bridgers snow was great....

SB 237 is one of the worst bills from the session. It's certainly on our veto list.

SB 255, SB 306, so many others.

The list gets shorter in the waning days though.

SB 348 - reread it. Rep Phillips turned it around and made it work. If it gets signed, then it will actually strengthen the wolf management plan in future years. It will all depend on whether or not the senate concurs. If they don't then we get a conference committee. I'd prefer to see it die, as I said, but overall, it does provide a steady stream of funding for the wolf program. Hunters and anglers will own it. It's funded out of license dollars.

SB 237 is one of the worst bills from the session. It's certainly on our veto list.

SB 255, SB 306, so many others.

The list gets shorter in the waning days though.

SB 348 - reread it. Rep Phillips turned it around and made it work. If it gets signed, then it will actually strengthen the wolf management plan in future years. It will all depend on whether or not the senate concurs. If they don't then we get a conference committee. I'd prefer to see it die, as I said, but overall, it does provide a steady stream of funding for the wolf program. Hunters and anglers will own it. It's funded out of license dollars.

lost track of the radio collar and tracking language in 348. Thanks Ben. Shoulda read it b4 this post. Good to see it gone. I spose you or somebody else already told us of that. If so, I lost it in the shuffle. Brain almost depleted...session must end. Mother's day hatch can't come soon enough.

Geeze, wolves delisted, legislative session over,,,my oh my what will we do with our spare time?

Just planning ahead

Geeze, wolves delisted, legislative session over,,,my oh my what will we do with our spare time?

Just planning ahead

I'm getting drunk for two weeks and find fish rising to small flies. That's what I'm going to do.

onpoint you going to MWF deal in Helena next weekend?

No. not much for crowds and small talk...you'd never believe it but I'm not a big socializer - unless I'm in a boat, in hunting camp, etc. Thanks for reminding me of MWF...ashamed to admit it but haven't joined up yet - will fix that. Those dues, PLWA dues at PLWA Bozo mtg this month, I think I owe headwaters..... there is no way I could possibly afford any resident license fee increases:rolleyes:.

No. not much for crowds and small talk...you'd never believe it but I'm not a big socializer - unless I'm in a boat, in hunting camp, etc. Thanks for reminding me of MWF...ashamed to admit it but haven't joined up yet - will fix that. Those dues, PLWA dues at PLWA Bozo mtg this month, I think I owe headwaters..... there is no way I could possibly afford any resident license fee increases:rolleyes:.

You know, I don't believe it. I'll bet your the life of the party.:D The common thread with most hunters and fisherman, is they love their solitude. That's OK in my book. I spend many a day out hiking by my self. I do like some good conversation at times, as well as some challenging debate. To bad MM has gotton so soft. What to do, what to do?

Hunt, Fish, and hike, with a side order of work.;) I might even get to know my wife again. If I still have one.

:rolleyes:

You know, I don't believe it. I'll bet your the life of the party.:D The common thread with most hunters and fisherman, is they love their solitude. That's OK in my book. I spend many a day out hiking by my self. I do like some good conversation at times, as well as some challenging debate. To bad MM has gotton so soft. What to do, what to do?

Hunt, Fish, and hike, with a side order of work.;) I might even get to know my wife again. If I still have one.

:rolleyes:

I getta kick outta guys posting pics of their kill and such. To me part of solitude is not telling/showing the whole world about my exploits....don't want people to know. I got 30 some years worth of stories and pics I really don't want most to see/hear.......I consider em trade secrets:D.

But I'll fight like hell to make sure we all get to accumulate the opportunity for more stories and pics.

I think I'm still married:(. My wife has some pretty nice critters to her credit...I asked her if I could post a pic of one or two....she said no, too.

Last edited:
I getta kick outta guys posting pics of their kill and such. To me part of solitude is not telling/showing the whole world about my exploits....don't want people to know. I got 30 some years worth of stories and pics I really don't want most to see/hear.......I consider em trade secrets:D.

But I'll fight like hell to make sure we all get to accumulate the opportunity for more stories and pics.

I think I'm still married:(.

Your going to hate this fall then when all the picts and stories start rolling. I would say that the majority do so to share the successes and failures of their hunts not because they are chest pounding. I've noticed that for some reason pictures really bother you:confused: It's kind of fun to live vicariously through members of this site whether they are backpacking, fishing, bird or big game hunting or on a vacation. Tolerance my friend tolerance.;)

Your going to hate this fall then when all the picts and stories start rolling. I would say that the majority do so to share the successes and failures of their hunts not because they are chest pounding. I've noticed that for some reason pictures really bother you:confused: It's kind of fun to live vicariously through members of this site whether they are backpacking, fishing, bird or big game hunting or on a vacation. Tolerance my friend tolerance.;)

Why would I wanna live vicariously through other's experiences.....I've got the best life of anyone I know:). Careful, Lawnboy - tolerance is awfully subjective......... (this is kinda deep) wolves are just critters trying to make a livin' too - JUST SAYIN. Although if one came near my dawg.......see my point.

And I'll be way too busy this fall too be looking at pictures on the internet...know what I mean????????????

Last edited:
Why would I wanna live vicariously through other's experiences.....I've got the best life of anyone I know:). Careful, Lawnboy - tolerance is awfully subjective......... (this is kinda deep) wolves are just critters trying to make a livin' too - JUST SAYIN. Although if one came near my dawg.......see my point.

Going through the pictures on Hunt Talk, are enjoyable, there are some people that don't get a chance to hunt the West very often, and they enjoy the pictures and stories.

You can make a fellas day somewhere else by writing that story, and posting a picture.

I was on Hunt Talk for several years before I ever posted one. I felt I didn't, need to prove anything to anyone here. Now I post pictures and a little story, not to prove anything but to share.

We would love a story or two from onpoint.:D

I love seeing other guys pics. I try to provide some pics of things as well. I don't hunt anywhere else but region 1, so I like the pics from other parts of this giant and diverse state.

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jon_G
Back