MT FWP Landowner / Hunter Intel gathering - Interesting.

Sytes

Anyone taken the time to complete this? Seems interesting enough. They estimate approx 3 hrs... though it is available to return to where you left off as time constraints present themselves.

http://fwp.mt.gov/education/hunter/hunterLandowner/default.html

The Montana Hunter-Landowner Stewardship Project is an information program for anyone interested in promoting responsible hunter behavior and good hunter-landowner relations in Montana.

The program is delivered through an interactive Web site utilizing questions, videos, and feedback as well as opportunities for you to test your knowledge on a variety of practical topics related to hunter-landowner relations and responsible hunter behavior.

The program is voluntary, and designed to be completed at your own pace, with the Web site enabling you to log on and off at any time, without having to repeat already completed portions. (NOTE: No separate action other than leaving the site is required to save completed work. Upon re-entry of the site, the first two introductory pages will appear, and the program will then begin wherever the participant previously finished. Work will only be saved for up to six months before being deleted if the program is not re-entered.)

Completion of this course may require 3 or more hours, depending upon a person's reading skills, system functions, and working pace. Upon successful completion, you'll be able to print a certificate of completion and, if you would like to keep a record on file, you may upload it to your ALS record kept by FWP. You can also receive a free cap and bumper sticker indicating your participation in the project by sending a copy of your certificate to the following address:

FWP—Landowner/Sportsman Relations
1420 E. 6th Avenue
Helena, MT 59620

Of game animals harvested each year in Montana, about 75% of antelope, 35% of elk, 60% of mule deer, and 68% of white-tailed deer are harvested on private land. Of Montana’s 93 million acres, 59 million acres (64%) is privately-owned land.
Interesting statistic.

edit#1.

Alright - I really SUCK at tests... these type of questions - I don't rightly understand what the intent is...

Fair Chase
Hunters and landowners understand that killing animals is a necessary part of life, but they do not intentionally cause unnecessary harm and suffering to animals. Both hunters and landowners strive to kill animals, when necessary, in the most humane and respectful way possible. How a game animal or game bird is hunted defines “fair chase,” and individual hunters and individual landowners might each have their own definitions of what they feel constitutes fair chase. So it is important for this issue to be discussed by the landowner and hunter as part of the agreement regarding hunting on private property.

Do you believe hunters need to give wild animals a reasonable chance to escape the pursuit?

Yes

No
Versus what??? "reasonable chance to escape the pursuit? As in should wildlife be boxed in with no chance of surviving the hunter? I do not understand what is being asked here... Anyone able to clarify what is being asked?
Do you believe technology has made hunters more effective at killing animals?

Yes

No

Have you set a personal limit of what type of technological aids you are willing to use while hunting?

Yes

No

Edit#2
Disregard... they clarify - after answering the questions...
Examples of “fair chase laws” include such things as laws that prohibit hunting big game using spotlights at night, using airplanes or radios to assist in the act of hunting, shooting at game animals from vehicles, and more.

Fair chase regulations are essentially limitations placed upon the hunter on the methods used to hunt, so that the animal has a reasonable chance of escaping the pursuit. If a hunter uses methods that give the animal little or no chance to escape, then the hunt would be considered unfair and not conducted under “fair chase” conditions.

I will not reveal any other questions or answers...

Last edited:
Heh, your not kidding A-Con... dug up some pretty humorous discussions on Texans view of fair chase... Pretty heated discussions... Another reason I really value my hunts in Montana...

http://www.texashuntingforum.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/ubb/showflat/Number/209915/site_id/1#import
I know that high fences have been beat to death here so lets try to keep this on topic. This is not about are you for or against high fences it is only about the question at hand. High fences are here to stay so should we at least put some size restictions on them?

Once again the question is:
Should TP&W come up with some fair chase guidelines concerning high fences and how big do you think that the minimum size should be?

Anyhow, diverted a bit - though was a fun diversion for reading humor.

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrownDitch
Back