Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

MT Family Road Trip Ideas

I'd just do Yellowstone. People are just part of the experience there and geysers are fun even with a crowd. Bear jams add to the excitement for kids. Aerial adventures in west Yellowstone is a blast for kids. It has zip lines, climbing stuff, etc but you pay a fixed price and can play all day. Agree with Museum of the Rockies on the way back unless you are sick of dinosaurs.

We love going to the Virginia City/Bannack area. If you head down that way, it is also fun to stop at Ruby Reservoir to pick garnets. You can just walk along the shore and find them in the sand. We have found some that are nice enough to cut.

Head to the Big Hole. Family fun at Jackson Hot Springs, tons of public land, neat side trips through the Pioneers, lots of lakes and the Big Hole National Battlefield.

Wisdom is a great place to base out of and head either up river or down.

http://www.nps.gov/biho/index.htm

Head to the Big Hole. Family fun at Jackson Hot Springs, tons of public land, neat side trips through the Pioneers, lots of lakes and the Big Hole National Battlefield.

Wisdom is a great place to base out of and head either up river or down.

http://www.nps.gov/biho/index.htm
The Big Hole is a gorgeous valley IMO. I asked the lady in the dinner why it wasn't getting divided/built up like similar valleys. She replied that its too far from any ski hills and that it's cold enough that only crazy people and cows live there year round! :D

The Big Hole is a gorgeous valley IMO. I asked the lady in the dinner why it wasn't getting divided/built up like similar valleys. She replied that its too far from any ski hills and that it's cold enough that only crazy people and cows live there year round! :D

I could live in Wisdom easily. My wife, however....

and mosquitoes. Big and many.

GOHUNT Insider

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back