MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

MT draw results are up

Because of the number of ppl w one Pt or two u could have better odds w zero pts as they reserve I think 20 or 25% for non pt holders?

I wish the general draw was a true draw. Those with most points get the tags. And let the permit draw be random however they want to % it out.

900-20 Elk tags are no longer 100% for 1st choice residents. They weren't last year either but I suspect the draw odds this year are lower, despite increasing the tag allocation.

No permit (slim chance), Big Game Combo (1pp i purchase with the app). Anyone know if the NR apps had a substantial increase this year? I suspect with the changes to Idaho and Wyoming, MT would see an increase and those states would see a decrease (At least i hope that has happened). If not, i fear all the western states (MT included) will start to play with prices. $1265 ain’t exactly a bargain, but you can’t beat the 15 day turn and the opportunity MT offers even on a general tag.

I wish the general draw was a true draw. Those with most points get the tags. And let the permit draw be random however they want to % it out.
If you look at the stats, it’s in slight favor to folks with more points, but there’s plenty of data to show that people still draw with no of very few points.

If you look at detailed bonus point pdf on FWP site, there are quite a few examples of max point holders being denied while folks with few to no points drew.

my whole group drew 900-20. Didnt draw it last year, lots of bow hunters these days. We got some game planning to do.

So does the PP and or BP that you paid for in this years draw count for this year?

Hey SAJ, just curious why you say that? My dad and I drew it as well and will be our first time over there. I’m expecting it to be crowded but anything else we should prepare for? Good luck with your hunt!!
1) Hunters everywhere
2) gumbo
3) mosquitos
3b) mosquitos and gumbo
4) elk that don't call
5) elk that run from a call
6) did I mention hunters everywhere

PM me. I am happy to help and have a lot of info.

Seem 2 NR deer with no points and my outfitter from Alaska drew a big game combo with no points. I do think you have an advantage without points

I missed out on the big game combo with the PP. I usually go solo, but this year a buddy wanted to go and thankfully he drew the elk combo, so I will still be in the mountains.

On top of the things SAJ mentioned, there are also mosquitos, gumbo and a lot of other hunters.
...a LOT of other hunters who will have no problem cutting you off. Same guys did it to me on back to back days last year as I was set up on elk. Very frustrating and not a thing I could say about their choice of ethics.
Yep...too many snakes for my comfort.

1) Hunters everywhere
2) gumbo
3) mosquitos
3b) mosquitos and gumbo
4) elk that don't call

1) Hunters everywhere
2) gumbo
3) mosquitos
3b) mosquitos and gumbo
4) elk that don't call

Have you hunted it during rifle? I have 410-20, and wondering if I should bother going early?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Big daddy
Back