Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

MT college life

OK my college experience involved hunting with my 79 Mustang Pace Car....I was in Bozeman early 90's, and heard that elk hunting in the Bridgers was pretty good so I drove my car up Bridger Canyon and took some back roads to get to Flathead Pass. There was a stretch of gravel road that had a long mud hole and I would just gun it and skip across it. That car was a muddy mess. I didn't get any elk but that Mustang sure surprised me as to where I could take it.

My roommate and I would stay up partying on Friday night so late that by the time people started to head home it was time to grab the shotguns and head to the duckblind. We found a new DU rehabbed area 7 minutes from our apartment that no one knew about where we just slayed the ducks early and late season... BUT when you forget to grab a gatorade, and the hangover sets in, that swamp water starts to look mighty drinkable. Grab I was always able to resist.

Oh yeah! Opening weekend for North Dakota pheasants 2007! Some buddies and I had a great weekend and brought back a few limits of birds. We started cooking up some "Boneless BBQ Pheasant Wings" in the dorm kitchen. By the time we were done we had enough residents join us that we finished all of our spoils for the weekend. Some of the guys in the dorms had never eaten wild game before, so it was a treat for them. As a side note, that was the last time ANYONE in the dorms knew when we were successful. I'm not one to be selfish, but geeze, I sure do like leftovers!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Otto247
Back