Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

MT Breaks roads

NDcoyote

I'm in no need of elk info but if you're familiar with roads in the breaks, I would appreciate a PM. Thanks!

The breaks are big. Might help if you let people know what area

Main roads are gravel and two tracks are what they are which isn't great. There's a lot of miles up there but I've seen lots of stuck trucks and trailers on main roads in the mud.

I'd say they might get a blade once a year. Maybe.

A guy could probably build a trailer with all the parts you could pickup along the hell creek road if that gives you any indication.

If your planning on launching a boat check to make sure ramps are open.

Most important if it gets wet get the ef out. Unless you got ample time. I had a buddy who had to leave his stuff there camper and pickup for 3 weeks.

I've also had mud build up and shred tires and fenders on trucks and trailers.

You can tell people that and they still don't believe you. mtmuley
And when that stuff dries in your fenders..my god...get the jackhammer out....or have $1000 in quarters and rain gear and settle in for a day at the car wash. I made that mistake once. Thought about just lighting my truck on fire and walking away...lol.

And when that stuff dries in your fenders..my god...get the jackhammer out....or have $1000 in quarters and rain gear and settle in for a day at the car wash. I made that mistake once. Thought about just lighting my truck on fire and walking away...lol.
Probably be easier to trade that prick in

A friend was archery hunting several years ago when they got several inches of rain. His family had to mount a horse back rescue to get him out. He was stuck for an extra week Take extra food.
If you haven’t gotten an answer pm me, I am area knowledgeable.

The mud is not just an issue on the roads when it rains. Friend of mine shot a bull there a few years ago in the rain. He said he almost couldn’t even walk back to his truck with the meat…and he wasn‘t that far from the road/truck.
Take 3 steps. Kick the mud of your boots then repeat. It does make you taller though.

Thanks to everyone that has responded! I definitely understand the gumbo situation. Any crappy two track trails and we'll be using the four wheeler, not the truck. Not saying that won't get stuck, but at least it's not a 3/4 ton truck. We'll be in 410. I'm trying to get a idea of which roads will be decent for parking the camper (fish house) along. It sounds like crooked creek and tin can are decent? How about the ridge road/60280?

I am not finding that designation on a map?
If it be Dunn Ridge? then no.

My brothers went backwards down one of the hills on Dunn Ridge after spinning out, 100 foot drop offs on each side. Mucho pucker factor. They are less inclined to hunt that area for some reason. They mistakenly elected not to chain up.

Tin can is generally good until you get to blood creek.

Thanks to everyone that has responded! I definitely understand the gumbo situation. Any crappy two track trails and we'll be using the four wheeler, not the truck. Not saying that won't get stuck, but at least it's not a 3/4 ton truck. We'll be in 410. I'm trying to get a idea of which roads will be decent for parking the camper (fish house) along. It sounds like crooked creek and tin can are decent? How about the ridge road/60280?

Stay in crooked creek marina road and you will be just fine. It actually has some gravel on it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rifleman270
Back