MT archery opener buck

Brandenbowhunter

Got my buck on my third stalk, and one I wanted to shoot. He has some sweet stuff going on. Had to work, so I went out in the morning and found him, failed on a stalk. Went to work for a few hours, and headed back out. Relocated him, failed on another stalk, one of his does got me. They ran off, and I headed to the truck to get out of the thunderstorm, sitting in the truck I see something running back across the field along ways out. Putting the scope on him, it is the same buck, doe'less. He had lost them to a bigger buck, but I had a bone to pick with this guy now. He ran around looking for does, so I watched him until he finally hung out in one spot. It was not a bad stalking spot either. After a quick run over to where he was, 15 mins later :) He was still close. I spotted a small tree with a hill, that I could line up with him and use the roll of the hill to get closeer. If all went well, I was guessing a 50 yard shot. I had my decoy hat too, so I thought worse case I could decoy him the way he was acting. Having to circle back around out of sight to get the tree in line, I lost view again. Coming up on the tree I could just see his rear, he was close to the tree. about 10 yards from the tree, I peaked at his rear again, less than 20 yards. I put the hat on, drew and leaned around the tree, the arrow hit him. He made it 40 yards and it was done. Great day and one of my best stalks.

Nice. I got out of my car to make a stalk and herd the unmistakable buzz from a type of snake that I hate. I disposed on the snake, pussed out of the stalk and went to work.

I just kept thinking where there's one.......

First HuntTalk blood fall 2014?? Glad it worked out for you. He looks a bit gnarly.

Cool looking speed goat. Congrats! I am glad some stories are starting to pop up it's that time fellas!:hump:

No rattlers this morning. I wore my rubber boots just in case. 28 yards and down he went.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    318.9 KB · Views: 1,032

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Big daddy
Back