MT Antelope in November

I'm thinking about getting an antelope tag to combine with my anticipated deer hunt come this November. Being new to antelope hunting I've heard that they do shed their horns pretty early, any of you who have hunted MT for antelope had this problem in the past? Looks like teh season goes till the 14th of November this year. I'll be hunting in the SE corner of the state if it makes any difference.

I had a buddy come out and hunt the last week of the antelope season with me last fall and we did see a few bucks that were missing horns, and his horns popped off just from wrestling him arround the back of the pickup. For the most part there are still plent of bucks with horns on their head, but it doesn't take much to knock them loose that time of year.

That said, comboing your hunt can be a bunch of fun. I like to focus on deer in the morning and evenings and then chase pheasants and antelope durin mid day.

Elkwhisper

Absolutely!
Like EW said, gives you something to do in the mid day.

You'll find some have dropped but so what, you only want one. Get a tag and it will double your fun! That's what we do!

Last edited:
Back