MT 900-20

BigHornRam

Last year mountain goat hunting in early September, I ran into a number of antelope bucks up high , above 9,000 feet. They were for the most part more curious than alarmed with my presence. Whether or not I can get into bow range remains to be seen.
I thought it would be neat to hunt antelope with a bow in that open high country, so put in for 900, and drew the tag. So that's the plan. Will combine it with elk as well when the two seasons overlap. Here is what the area looks like.
20200913_083925.jpg
20200718_113942.jpg
Antelope were seen on high flat benches like these with little cover. May have to try to decoy them in.
How about you other successful 900 antelope hunters? What are your plans for 2021?

Looks cool.

My strategy - which might work for you, also - is to watch them til dark to see where they put down for the night then creep in during the wee hours of the morning and set in the hopes they dont move before legal.

Plus Ill try decoying them a bit during the rut. They get really bold - had a buck come running in on my dogs more than once this past season.

Awesome, looking forward to seeing more of it.

I’ve got a personal goal of shooting a Pronghorn in a wilderness area.

Last year mountain goat hunting in early September, I ran into a number of antelope bucks up high , above 9,000 feet. They were for the most part more curious than alarmed with my presence. Whether or not I can get into bow range remains to be seen.
I thought it would be neat to hunt antelope with a bow in that open high country, so put in for 900, and drew the tag. So that's the plan. Will combine it with elk as well when the two seasons overlap. Here is what the area looks like.
View attachment 185853
View attachment 185854
Antelope were seen on high flat benches like these with little cover. May have to try to decoy them in.
How about you other successful 900 antelope hunters? What are your plans for 2021?
Hey don’t be giving away our spots!! 😂🤣

If all goes well, sit on a pivot like last year and shoot a speed goat. Assuming I have permission again this year.
I do for some reason want to get an antelope from a tree stand ( the midwest hunter in me)! I've only takin 2 so far, so I'm not picky yet.

It’s as dry as I’ve seen it this early in the miles city area.

Saw some antelope this year while turkey hunting in montana in places where i was not expecting to see antelope. A couple of those bucks were really really nice

I don't have any archery experience with the things but I will say I hope to hunt them at elevation like that some day. I wish you luck!

My first year hunting goats and of course with a bow my preferred method. Got the 900 series tag so very hopeful I at least get to fling a stick at one. Actually getting one is secondary...

Back