Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

MR Metcalf Review

Why not buy the pack and sell the lid you already have?

PS- If I had the money the folks worrying about the extra lid, I'd burn mine... ;)

It was always an option before now to subtract $90 from the bag you didn't need the lid on. That's what I was told regarding the 6500. Maybe the Metcalf is coming in at a low enough price point that subtracting $90 from it would really hurt their bottom line. Either way, bum deal.

Has anyone else put their hands on a Metcalf yet? Are they actually selling them at the shows, or just taking (pre) orders?

+1 on offering it without the lid...

Thanks,
Ron

I played with the Metcalf at Wild Sheep. It is light. It does have one small inside pocket for your possibles. I think they were selling them there, I wanted to buy one but I just have to wait and see how the draw gods smile on me first.

Geez, I've been defending MR to guys who complain about weight, yada yada yada. I still think they make the best pack money can buy and I will be one that will likely keep packin one even with a slightly heavier weight. But dangit guys, you come up with a great idea on a pack and then won't sell one without the lid.............what the heck....
Hopefully Seacat will step in here to offer some explanation??? Must have a reason, since I know about 1/2 dozen guys right now that would buy one but already have lids.....

Geez, I've been defending MR to guys who complain about weight, yada yada yada. I still think they make the best pack money can buy and I will be one that will likely keep packin one even with a slightly heavier weight. But dangit guys, you come up with a great idea on a pack and then won't sell one without the lid.............what the heck....
Hopefully Seacat will step in here to offer some explanation??? Must have a reason, since I know about 1/2 dozen guys right now that would buy one but already have lids.....

1/2 dozen + this guy. Anyone wanna buy a lid for $70? I will have them send it direct.:W:

My hunting buddy is ordering one of these this week:mad:

Maybe ours will get mixed up in the back of the truck one of these days:D

I'm sorry guys, working with MR to get this fixed ASAP... it was my intention the entire time to sell these just like Crew Cabs... where you can upgrade to the lid if you needed one... I'm doing my best, I know most of you that are interested in the Metcalf already have lids... I'll keep beating the horse mañana.

I'm sorry guys, working with MR to get this fixed ASAP... it was my intention the entire time to sell these just like Crew Cabs... where you can upgrade to the lid if you needed one... I'm doing my best, I know most of you that are interested in the Metcalf already have lids... I'll keep beating the horse mañana.

Great news, been wanting to order one but don't need the lid. Thanks for the update, please let us know when the lid is an option.

It's nice to have the option to go without the lid, but I don't have one for my Longbow yet so I'd love to have a lid. Thanks for working it though Seacat!

I ordered one on February 1 when they said they were available. I only have the Longbow now so I wanted the lid. They said it would be 6 to 8 weeks before they shipped. I'm looking forward to getting my hands on it.

I'll know more tomorrow, but it's looking really great that buying the Metcalf without the Daypack Lid is going to be the standard way to purchase the pack. If you don't already have a Daypack Lid and you'd like one, you'll be able to buy that separately.

Thanks everyone for speaking up.

Have a question about the Metcalf? Email me please, I'm pretty bad about PM's. [email protected]

Awesome Mark, other than it means you're probably just going to end up with more of my money

Thanks for the update Mark, looks like you have been on a fun family vacation! Awesome.

If I have any money left after the damn IRS takes it all next month, I'll probably be in for one...

Back