Caribou Gear Tarp

MR Longbow???

:eek:Ok, I called I'm on it!!! We need to keep this on the DL so they find me my new pack....THIS THREAD WILL SELF DESTRUCT IN FIVE SECONDS!!!!!:eek:

Not that exciting. I have a couple days off, so I thought I would try to pickup a cow elk this morning. Wasn't seeing any elk sign and then I bumped a couple deer. Since I had a couple doe tags in my pocket, I decided to take one. My bad, ended up being a shorthead. Upside, made an easy 3/4 mile hike out with 4 boned in quarters and straps/loins. Easy fit in the Longbow.

19.jpg

A couple hours later I was heading out and saw a few more does. Too tough to pass. Light was good, pup could join in and the sled would bring it out...downhill.

22-1.jpg

Irony. Drove by about an 80 elk herd on the drive home. They were behind a BMA sign, but I wasn't sure where the "sign-in" box was and it was getting pretty dark. I will busy with meat tomorrow anyway.

Sorry, no pack pics.

Being that the bag is detachable from the frame I'm thinking it has to be easy.

Are there any places you DON'T take your dog?? Great day in God's beautiful outdoors. Well done.

Got my pack! The Optifade bag looks good on the foliage frame. Can't wait to take it out in search of wolves. I can't believe how well these packs are built!

Attachments

• MR1.jpg
    MR1.jpg
    90.1 KB · Views: 633
  • MR2.jpg
    MR2.jpg
    101.3 KB · Views: 628
Here is my CC cab loaded for a week!

Ramhuntelkand2011deer020-1.jpg

Full of a second bull in one day....we had two to the truck by 2...

bullspics2011030.jpg

My bull on open of rifle with the CC...I have not plsyed with the Longbow much...my next is the BigHorn...
bullspics2011021.jpg

My lope in the CC..no daypack on top...

Branden2011speedgoat012.jpg

Scouting for sheep...with Day pack on top..

Sheepscouting035.jpg

Ram hunt loaded for 4 days....

Ramhuntelkand2011deer001.jpg

Crew cab...loaded with a 3 year old...

BrandensKari260.jpg

I love my bighorn, I used it all fall with no complaints at all. It was neck and neck with my 6500 at meat packing comfort.

vander, as you know, I am a picture slut, but I don't have any pics of my pack loaded with meat. Since it is a recent purchase, I only have two experiences with critters on my back. The small doe episode wasn't impressive and the other one was fully loaded late into the night. I was a little scared of sounds in the dark once it was loaded and got my ass out of there before pics were taken. Mistake on my part. I can tell you it was about 94# coming out. Tight fit, but it worked well.

I love my bighorn, I used it all fall with no complaints at all. It was neck and neck with my 6500 at meat packing comfort.

I am wanting one of those in a bad way! After talking to Seacat...I am sold on it...I was scared with it have the x-frame, I like the NICE frame. He says it can handle near 90# loads...I have had that is my CC with the NICE and not bothered me...

Lol mtmiller understandible, I was was hoping with all the pics you usually have that you could confirm my thoughts, I assume that the longbow would handle deboned meat very well. I do love my CC but once in a while the load will be "shifted" or hard to keep centered. Just figured that the longbow looked less likely to have that happen.

TheTone - How do you like the 6500? I'm borderline between the Longbow, CC or 6500. The 6500 will be better for bivy's, but I wonder about the pack out with meat.

It worked great for me packing meat. I think I hauled a bone in rear from my elk, plus backstrap and other cuts, and the head. I just opened it up and dropped it in, cinched it down and strapped the head under the top lid. I know a few other guys on here have packed more (and heavier) loads than I have with the 6500. I had mine in my truck all fall for second load duty. I've used it for a few pack in camp trips and its performed great for that as well. I think if I was starting out I'd go with a 6500 since it can handle everything and then probably add a longbow or crew cab down the line for day use.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brutus56
Back