MR Beartooth

pbs76

I have never had a “real” pack, and after extensive research and soul searching, I have decided my first will be the Mystery Ranch Beartooth. If you have one and love it, or you had one and hated it, I would love to hear from you prior to pulling the trigger. Thanks in advance.

I bought a Beartooth a few months ago but haven’t had a chance to really use it yet due to a back injury. I’ll be giving it a workout next week - I hope. It worked well for carrying my 5 year old (35 lbs) around the house before the novelty wore off. I will say though, it looks nice in my den. Use the search function. @JLS started a thread on it a while back. Welcome to HT - good luck this fall.

I have one...been using for a month or so. Carried a weekend worth of camp on opener as well as wore it as a day pack on 7 or 8 different days. Lots of room, I like the smaller separate pockets on the inside of the main compartment. The lid adds a pile of storage and funny thing was I found another small pocket under the lid that I didn't know was there. I feel the zipper is a bit annoying because you have to unclip several buckles before you can get into it. That's more of a thing to get used to than it is a fault. So far it rides nice but haven't carried more than say 40lbs with it. If it's not full, I suggest ditching the lid because it's almost too much for day use. This will see more use this week on a mountain goat hunt.

I have one...been using for a month or so. Carried a weekend worth of camp on opener as well as wore it as a day pack on 7 or 8 different days. Lots of room, I like the smaller separate pockets on the inside of the main compartment. The lid adds a pile of storage and funny thing was I found another small pocket under the lid that I didn't know was there. I feel the zipper is a bit annoying because you have to unclip several buckles before you can get into it. That's more of a thing to get used to than it is a fault. So far it rides nice but haven't carried more than say 40lbs with it. If it's not full, I suggest ditching the lid because it's almost too much for day use. This will see more use this week on a mountain goat hunt.
Thank you for the review, and good luck on your hunt. Goat is on my bucket list.

I recently picked one up and will be using it for 2nd rifle in CO, will post back after it’s been put to the test

I picked one up this year. So far i really like it. I have another MR pack on the guide lite frame and prefer this new frame to the old one. It has more padding in both the shoulder straps and the belt is a nice upgrade as well. Not a big fan of the Molle style belts to attach holsters or accessories, but i know some guys prefer it to the old belt style. When i first got it, I loaded it up to 80lbs and hiked around a little to see how it would ride. Did great as I assumed it would with how the previous gen frame handled weight. Have taken it out on a few backpack trips averaging 60 lbs and it preformed good with no problems. The part I really like about it is the layout of the bag, if you have been researching it I am sure your familar with. At first glance it seems to have a bunch of webbing straps all over the place, but once you get it filled up you quickly will see how they all attach. It wouldn't be my first choice to use as a day pack but it does compress down well enough. Ideal for a multiple day style pack.

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RichardMargarine
Back