Mounts

CTELK83

I dont have many mounts making my knowledge somewhat limited. My friend in Idaho who I hunt elk with is a part time taxidermist, so I dont have a good grasp at actual costs. I have an elk head he did for me for $500 and I have a wood duck that cost me 150 and lastly a whitetail that cost me 350. What is average cost for moose? Also cost for bear rug? If I do get a bear this fall, is a rug a good way to save the experience?

Bear rugs around here are $650+, deer $650-$700, elk $1000-$1500. Don't know about moose. I like bear rugs as long as they dont have the snarl going.

Moose is going to be about the same as elk. Most guys are charging $1,000 to $1,500 now for either one. Bear goes by the foot usually with a minimum generally around $600 and then they could run $120 to $150 a foot. So if it’s small you’d pay the $600 and if it’s big up to $1,000 or so depending on size.

I just picked up my sons moose and it cost $2000, he turned it in 10 months. IMG_3395.jpg

Nice looking bull! What did that score? Just curious, since I dont see many moose in western NY I gave no clue how to judge a moose

I don't know what he scored but he'll be my sons one and only moose on me. Here's a before pictureIMG_2922.jpg

I hope you do to, what are your dates for your hunt?he was took sept. 28th I believe.

My hunt is oct 1st to the 8th. Mix in 3 days drive there and 3 back haha. Moose with black bear tag added and the outfitter gives every hunter a wolf tag. Was told we can small game hunt and fish if/when we tag out. This trip is over 2 years in the making so I am starting to get really excited

Are you hunting in BC, if what part? You might be the last hunt it could be right in the rut. If you see a wolf shoot! We heard wolves twice, but saw grizzlies almost every day!

I guess central BC? We meet the outfitter in prince George. I do think the hunt should* be right around the rut. We booked it 2.5 years in advance and this was when the outfitter said to come. He said 1st week of October should provide best opportunity for calling to be effective. I'm not a hunter of things I won't eat... having said that there is a local people who the guide said would take all the bear and wolf meat. So if I see a big bear or a wolf I'll try and take a shot. I've had bear multiple times and it has never been a meat I would go out of my way to eat.

I spent the night last year going and coming, I recommend a steak house very close to the Ramada hotel. Had a burger and rib eye there. Both times sat at the bar.i hunted about 3 hours west of Fort Nelson.

Haha. Sounds good. Few years back a friend and I drove from NY to Idaho for a DIY sell hunt... we stopped in Nebraska for a steak... we walked in (dressed in basketball shorts and t shirts) and realized very quickly we were not in the right place haha. People were dressed in suits and dresses! The host talked us into staying and it was a great steak. Was worth the many looks we got

In WI. bear rugs run about $120-140 per foot.. Got to ask TAXI. as some charge to the tail or to the foot; costing an extra $120 to 140. Just finished paying $1200 for daughters half body black bear mount. Deer is around 400-600. Elk is around $1000, depending on form.
Rugs are nice, but they take up alot of room.

Elk shoulder mount for $500 is fantastic! Take that deal anyday.

Haha. For sure!
Hes doing my bull from last year... skull mount and hes painting the skull with the scene of where it all happened. Him behind calling me kneeling by a fallin tree. When he gets it to me I'll share a pic.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brutus56
Back