Mountain House deal alert

My partner always talks about releasing the "mountain house plug"... haha.

I don't have a problem with them at all... Never an issue... just like the perfect pillow... not too hard or soft. :)

Good deserts are hard to find. Anthing that holds up well seems heavy....lighy weight and it gets smashed. I havent had any freeze dried deserts that were worth the weight. Still looking

Has anyone here tried the Heathers Choice meals? The guys on the Gritty podcast rave about them. They had Heather from Heathers choice on one of there podcasts and they sound like they would be worth trying. Kinda pricey but full of good stuff.

Has anyone here tried the Heathers Choice meals? The guys on the Gritty podcast rave about them. They had Heather from Heathers choice on one of there podcasts and they sound like they would be worth trying. Kinda pricey but full of good stuff.
I brot some on a back pack trip w/o trying it b4 hand. Very, very spicy. WAsn't expecting it. used up all my water. Fortunately (hmmph) I had some MH along. Nice Bland
chicken and rice.

I think the dinners sucked ...the pacarons were good though

I like Heather's Choice, especially the breakfast.

Good deserts are hard to find. Anthing that holds up well seems heavy....lighy weight and it gets smashed. I havent had any freeze dried deserts that were worth the weight. Still looking
But... The NASA ice cream! 😂

Peak refuel and next mile meals both are way better then MT house. Hawk vittles are good too...i cant see choking down the sodium filled mt house to save 100 buck over the course of a hunting season. They are fine if there was no options...however better stuff is mouse click away..
Hate to break it to you but Peak Refuel doesn't have less sodium than mountain house. I get it though, everyone wants to "hate" the popular brand and go with something different/new. Its why camo brands like SKRE etc are out there. They are not sitka or Kuiu but still cut from the same fabric.

Hate to break it to you but Peak Refuel doesn't have less sodium than mountain house. I get it though, everyone wants to "hate" the popular brand and go with something different/new. Its why camo brands like SKRE etc are out there. They are not sitka or Kuiu but still cut from the same fabric.

Brake someone else and save your judgmental crap for something else. Here are two of the same meals and you can see that sodium per serving is almost double in the mountain house.. 45B97767-1071-4BBE-8428-192AD5B37849.png
D391565F-A8F1-4E93-A96B-A7ABA8FF8168.pngCEF70CC6-B0C1-4ACD-B3E7-062D7D18AA68.png93C10353-00B1-4A74-91CA-FE8D5CFDC725.png

Brake someone else and save your judgmental crap for something else. Here are two of the same meals and you can see that sodium per serving is almost double in the mountain house.. View attachment 128393
View attachment 128390View attachment 128391View attachment 128392
Looks like peakrefuel beef stroganoff has more sodium than the MH. I compared quite a few meals and they are all similar. Not much difference. And you can get low sodium meals from mountain house. That chili Mac is a big difference though.

Peak is new and exciting. And overpriced. I get it. It’s kuiu vs catch and release camo.

Looks like peakrefuel beef stroganoff has more sodium than the MH. I compared quite a few meals and they are all similar. Not much difference. And you can get low sodium meals from mountain house. That chili Mac is a big difference though.

Peak is new and exciting. And overpriced. I get it. It’s kuiu vs catch and release camo.
Thats per serving.....look at the label. Its double the amount

Thats per serving.....look at the label. Its double the amount
Their serving size is less than mountain house. And who doesn’t eat the whole bag? Total serving matters.

I like how one of Peaks main marketing points is they have real ingredients. Ummm which freeze dried brands do not? They all freeze dry real vegetables etc. They are misleading their consumers by saying that. I don’t know who is more foolish, them or the people who swallow the kool aid.

I’ve eaten quite a few MH meals and while some of them are good especially after a long day of hunting. Peak refuel meals are much better tasting IMO.

On a side note has anyone ever tried mixing a MH biscuits and gravy with a Breakfast skillet? Been wanting to try this and just may do it at home.

All the breakfast skillet needs to really be good is some meat and potatoes and some onions and peppers, and a little hot sauce.
I love it, but agree on the hot sauce. I could eat it morning and night, and it’s about 800 cal per pouch.

I'm pretty much a black coffee (Folgers coffee tea-type bags) and some protein bar, jerky, or other munching type, on the go edible... however if I'm vegging out after a hellish hike the night before, I may sleep in and enjoy a Mountain House Breakfast Skillet.
Of the few breakfast offered by Mountain House, that's likely a favorite though I had a chuckle reading MTTW's post. 😆

All the breakfast skillet needs to really be good is some meat and potatoes and some onions and peppers, and a little hot sauce.

I always add some hot sauce or crushed red peppers. Normally we split a skillet between 3 of us but bring tortillas and make breakfast burritos while we glass in the morning. BTW the peak refuel breakfast skillet is way better than MH.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
theghostbull
Back