Mountain House deal alert

doesn't look like the deal is online unfortunately, would like to try some but seem kinda spendy otherwise

I stocked up the other day on the breakfast skillet and chicken & dumplings. Those two along with biscuits and gravy are safe for me to eat.
I will never eat the lasagna one again....ever!

last time I was at my cabin I ate the chicken teriyaki one and washed it down with half a bottle of Jack. Big mistake. 💩💩💩💩

I've never tried them but was going to buy some for this fall. Are they really that bad for your gut? Any alternative brands that you guys recommend or should I stay away from freeze dried altogether?

I've never tried them but was going to buy some for this fall. Are they really that bad for your gut? Any alternative brands that you guys recommend or should I stay away from freeze dried altogether?
If I’m going to be eating Mtn house for more than a day or two, I have to offset them with some dried fruit or prunes. I’ve tried a couple other brands, alpine aire and backpackers pantry, and prefer mtn house.

Alabama: I actually like the spaghetti and lasagna by Mt. House. - but I also liked school lunch spaghetti ! The only bad thing about the lasagna is the cheese will stick to your spoon badly. My buddy like the chicken and rice, but it's too blah for me and I have to choke it down. I have also found that I have much less appetite in the mountains when I'm exhausted at the end of the day, and 1/2 - 2/3 of a meal is plenty for me.

I like quite a few of the Mtn House meals, some I've tried and will skip the next time I buy. I've been known, on more than a few occasions, to eat them at home too. You'll have to try a few and see which ones your tastebuds like, as far as stomach issues I've never had a problem yet. Now, if someone can make a good freeze dried Pepsi and Reese's I'll be a customer for life.

Last edited:
I stocked up the other day on the breakfast skillet and chicken & dumplings. Those two along with biscuits and gravy are safe for me to eat.
I will never eat the lasagna one again....ever!

last time I was at my cabin I ate the chicken teriyaki one and washed it down with half a bottle of Jack. Big mistake. 💩💩💩💩
Chicken and Rice, Beef Stroganoff, and Biscuits and Gravy, are all good for me. Chicken Teriyaki was a no go after one attempt. The flavor was good but the after effect set in quickly.

I'm always surprised when these conversations come up at just how many sensitive tummies there are out there. ;)

I could eat MH for 2 weeks straight and not be the worse for food.
When I first tried it I was surprised at how good it actually was compared to what most people say about it.

I like quite a few of the Mtn House meals, some I've tried and will skip the next time I buy. I've been known on more than a few occasions to eat them at home too. You'll have to try a few and see which ones your tastebuds like, as far as stomach issues I've never had a problem yet. Now, if someone can make a good freeze dried Pepsi and Reese's I'll be a customer for life.
That Pepsi and Reese’s would be a winning combo. 💯

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
muleydude
Back