Caribou Gear Tarp

Mountain Goat Gear Help?

+1 on Bambistew. I'm a recent believer of super lite and stiff adjustable trekking poles. Goat scouting necessity! Takes some stress off the knees and the rest of you. Helps in nasty country and even on tricky stream crossings w/ heavy backpack on. I'm currently borrowing a pair but plan to buy a set from prolite gear this week. It's like having 4 legs at times.

Yep on poles. I was deer hunting WY with pointer back in 2004 and laughed when I saw him pull out his poles (trekking of course). I use them all the time now for the reasons above.

We use them all time of the year. These were taken during this springs bear season, packing out my dads bear... Then on a flyfishing trip in the mountains to help with the creek crossings... And packing out my dads archery elk last fall.

Attachments

• DSCN0641a.jpg
    DSCN0641a.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 984
  • DSCN0663.jpg
    DSCN0663.jpg
    89.9 KB · Views: 764
  • DSCN0870.jpg
    DSCN0870.jpg
    152.9 KB · Views: 750
  • DSCN0330.jpg
    DSCN0330.jpg
    105.6 KB · Views: 723
Last edited:
Yep on poles. I was deer hunting WY with pointer back in 2004 and laughed when I saw him pull out his poles (trekking of course). I use them all the time now for the reasons above.
I think you laughed harder at my clothing choice for the trip in... :eek:

Hey talk to Brad. I just trust what he tells me. I think he was saying I'd want a black diamond carbon model. I have to get a new stove as well, mine is sucking. I had to miss coffee the other AM and that's terrible.

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rifleman270
Back