Save $100 on the Leupold VX-3HD

Moultrie cameras are junk

SG25

I have gone through 3 Moultrie s50i cameras in the last month. All will take a couple pictures the first day and then nothing. Batteries will be dead within 2 weeks. They didn’t even last one season. Looks like Moultrie won’t receive another dollar from me. I picked up 3 Browning cameras to replace them due to hearing great things about them. Hopefully they won’t turn into pieces of junk too.

I love my brownings. Battery life is fantastic and they only take 6 of em. Although I have two moultrie I've had for going on 6 years with no issues. That's strange.

I've got 6 Moultries (M-880, M-990i, M-999i). They last months with lithium batteries and have had no problems.

I love my brownings. Battery life is fantastic and they only take 6 of em. Although I have two moultrie I've had for going on 6 years with no issues. That's strange.
Well that’s good to know. Yea I like how they only take 6 batteries. One is acceptable as there are some bad apples or something could have happened, but 3 of them within a month? No snow, or rain that could have damaged them and all different areas. I put in brand new lithium energizer batteries after the first time thinking I got bad batteries or something, but it just happened again today when I checked them.

I have gone through 3 Moultrie s50i cameras in the last month. All will take a couple pictures the first day and then nothing. Batteries will be dead within 2 weeks. They didn’t even last one season. Looks like Moultrie won’t receive another dollar from me. I picked up 3 Browning cameras to replace them due to hearing great things about them. Hopefully they won’t turn into pieces of junk too.
I sort of agree. I had one that died after a couple of years. The current one I have had for 18months. It is temperamental. I have to make sure the card is fully in or the camera thinks it is empty. My batteries do last a few months unless it is really cold.

My oldest camera that I own is a Moultrie and it still works great. I’m guessing that it’s a 2006 vintage.

Sometimes it’s a total crap shoot with these things. I’ve had the best luck with Bushnell and Browning by far.

I have been very hit and miss with Moultrie. I have had several do good for quite a few years, but most of them only make it about one season. I have had enough problems with them that I will not buy another myself. Nearly brand new cameras with new cards will show that the SD card is corrupt and they seem to have big compatibility issues with my Mac. Out of the brands I have used the Brownings so far are the best. Great battery life, great pictures and so far when I go check my cameras I am not worrying whether they will have taken pictures or not, which was a common problem with the Moultrie.

I had some Moultrie units purchased through camo fire that caught pictures however the delay time never seemed to match with the advertised speed .
There's a former prominent hunt talk member that's rarely, if ever, on the site anymore who is absolutely fantastic with his game cameras!
Conversations with him have reminded me of the old adage you get what you pay for. I just wish I could throw a few hundred dollars towards each and enough cameras to get what I really want. It's just too much money... So I've upgraded however it's no Lamborghini or a Porsche for that matter. But they do the job.

I've had mixed results with them, had one last 8 or 9 years, the rest year year and a half. I've been buying browning and stealth cams and really like those so far

In 2012, I was trying to figure out a spot and placed a Moultrie Trail Camera out. It was nothing but a gamble each time whether it had pictures and life or not. I switched to three Cuddebacks and haven't looked back. Granted, that was back in 2012 so I can't speak to their current products but what I have work.

Moultrie is hit and miss. So many Misses that it is not worth considering them anymore. I have had best luck with Bushnell. Spypoints have been pretty dissapointing last few years as well.

In 2012, I was trying to figure out a spot and placed a Moultrie Trail Camera out. It was nothing but a gamble each time whether it had pictures and life or not. I switched to three Cuddebacks and haven't looked back. Granted, that was back in 2012 so I can't speak to their current products but what I have work.
Cuddeback solved my game cam frustrations...buy/cry

the old adage you get what you pay for. I just wish I could throw a few hundred dollars towards each and enough cameras to get what I really want. It's just too much money... So I've upgraded however it's no Lamborghini or a Porsche for that matter. But they do the job.
I am a firm believer in that saying as well. These weren't the most expensive cameras, but they sure as hell aren't the cheapest either so I figured they might be somewhat good. I hunt some pretty heavily trafficked public land so I didn't want to put out my more expensive Stealthcams which I ended up having to do anyways. I bit the bullet and dropped $700 on 4 new cameras(3 Browning and 1 Stealthcam) so hopefully I don't get any headaches for awhile.

I had a couple moultries awhile back. I could tell that they werent taking enough pics based on the trail passing infront of them so I put a reconyx on the same tree. a couple weeks later i checked them and the moultrie had 84 pictures. The Reconyx had over 1000(1200 IIRC)

Bushnells have been decent and the new brownings have been awesome. I've 2 reconyx that are 2010ish vintage still going strong. And they can be rebuilt when needed. But with the price and performance of the browning cams, its hard to justify reconyx anymore.

I had 2 cuddebacks a long time back, Those determined that i would never own another cuddeback again as they were complete junk but it sounds like they must have stepped up their game though from some of the other responses here.

Cuddeback sent trailcampro a letter saying they would no longer allow them to test their cams, which says they are not that good if they dont want an independent company testing their cam along side the competitors.

I had a couple moultries awhile back. I could tell that they werent taking enough pics based on the trail passing infront of them so I put a reconyx on the same tree. a couple weeks later i checked them and the moultrie had 84 pictures. The Reconyx had over 1000(1200 IIRC)

Bushnells have been decent and the new brownings have been awesome. I've 2 reconyx that are 2010ish vintage still going strong. And they can be rebuilt when needed. But with the price and performance of the browning cams, its hard to justify reconyx anymore.

I had 2 cuddebacks a long time back, Those determined that i would never own another cuddeback again as they were complete junk but it sounds like they must have stepped up their game though from some of the other responses here.

Cuddeback sent trailcampro a letter saying they would no longer allow them to test their cams, which says they are not that good if they dont want an independent company testing their cam along side the competitors.

We must've gotten good ones timeon...just finished our 3rd season with a couple w/o a complaint. I'd be upset were they lemons at their pricepoint.

We must've gotten good ones timeon...just finished our 3rd season with a couple w/o a complaint. I'd be upset were they lemons at their pricepoint.

My experience with them was quite a few years back. Sounds like they have improved things since.

That's interesting! I never would have thought to do that.

Back