Save $100 on the Leupold VX-3HD

Moultrie cameras are junk

I used to use Molutrie cameras exclusively on my property but they would last just until the warranty ran out and then die. Too expensive to only get one season of use out of them.

i'm the guy that buys the cams up to $75, and usually get 2.5 to 3 solid seasons, some of these cams are on their 5th year(August to January), doesnt matter on the brand at the price point i've found. so $23 to $30/year/camera. Guys spending 100+, are you getting atleast 4 years of use?

I've only seen them in some hunting magazine ads, but never looked into them at all. I'll have to check them out now.
No. Leave Cuddy's alone. Worst camera's ever but that was many years ago. They do not allow or support independent testing. Can not believe they still are in business. So sad how pathetic quality control is in this industry. If browning continues to get good reviews here that will be my next purchase.

i'm the guy that buys the cams up to $75, and usually get 2.5 to 3 solid seasons, some of these cams are on their 5th year(August to January), doesnt matter on the brand at the price point i've found. so $23 to $30/year/camera. Guys spending 100+, are you getting atleast 4 years of use?
Well now you have my curiosity of what brand of cameras you use. What's the MP on them? My buddy has cheaper cameras like you are stating and I would have a better chance of figuring out braille before what his cameras are taking pictures of.

Seems the delay time from motion to pic snap / video start and the clarity are the crux of the almighty $. I've had the tail end of a wolf (primary use for myself) and 3/4 elk / deer / bear unless they happen to stop in my camera's area though the game trails are a bit tight so little room available (human placement issue ;) ).

Seems the delay time from motion to pic snap / video start and the clarity are the crux of the almighty $. I've had the tail end of a wolf (primary use for myself) and 3/4 elk / deer / bear unless they happen to stop in my camera's area though the game trails are a bit tight so little room available (human placement issue ;) ).
Ive had the same issue but these new browning cameras I picked up say they have a .2 trigger speed. I think a lot of my stealth cams have a 1s if I can recall correctly.

I also have two $30 primos that I bought 8 years ago. Both work like new with good enough pic quality. Have one newer $100 primos that works half the time.
I've been pretty lucky with cams for the most part as long as they dont get stolen. But I buy exclusively browning now.

Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back