Most valuable hunting item under $100

SAJ-99

Let’s lighten it up a little. It seems the off-season has some people looking for a fight. What is a “valuable” piece of hunting equipment you carry on ever hunt that is under $100?

The price limit should exclude answers like “my gun”, or whatever. And with inflation you can go a little ways over $100 without repercussions. And someone in MT will say “my permit” because they can. Think of it as if a newbie asked what small item would help them the most.

Mine is windchecker. I fell naked without that little bottle.

I’m going with my Kenetrek gators - tromping through wet snow and wet brush they keep me dry, which keeps me going. I didn’t know what I was missing until I got them, and now I put them on 90% of the time unless it’s early season (even then I usually put them on just for the brush).

Outdoor Edge 3" Knife with replaceable blades. I'd recommend it to anyone, I used two blades on an entire elk this year. From quartering it out to every cut during the processing. Those blades are super sharp and a breeze to change.

Maybe an OnX or GoHunt or Gaia or whatever app on my phone? That really changed the game for figuring out spots to hunt. For better or worse.

Thinking about this makes me realize how much loot I’ve dumped on other pieces of gear. Expensive pack, expensive clothes, Garmin, optics, etc. Not a whole lot under a c-note.

Solid call, but OnX requires a phone which is well over $100. Might have to got to the judges on this one…or Hunt Talk Man.
I appeal your verdict! I own the phone anyway. The proportion of use that it gets on OnX is pretty small, so, I think you have to discount the phone. How many would still own the same phone w/o OnX. I know I would. So, I'm pleading this to the SCOTUS, if I have to.

Maybe I should just throw the red flag and send this to the NFL in New York - Nah, they'd never get it right....

I appeal your verdict! I own the phone anyway. The proportion of use that it gets on OnX is pretty small, so, I think you have to discount the phone. How many would still own the same phone w/o OnX. I know I would. So, I'm pleading this to the SCOTUS, if I have to.
ALLOWED!
Knowing where you are is important.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Trapper330
Back