Most Game Killed with Same Arrow?

Steiny

Several years ago when I killed a deer and recovered the arrow in good shape I simply cleaned it up, put a sharp broadhead on it, and put it back in my quiver. I would write on the plastic fletching with a sharpie 2015 IN buck, or something like that. With two sides to every fletch, potentially you could get six kills identified on the same arrow. I had one going last year with three kills till a deer rolled on it and busted it and now have one in the quiver with two kills identified on the fletchings.

Anybody else do this?
The arrows make a pretty cool trophy when you retire them.

I'm a relatively new archery hunter, but so far I have taken all of my animals with one arrow: a squirrel, a buck and a doe. I've got a dozen arrows I could use when hunting but so far I've only needed the one.

Cool idea. I haven't written on fletchings but I do put the arrow and broadhead with the mount if it is deserving. May start doing that now though.

Dozens. I lost track. I know Ive killed 9 deer with one broadhead (kill and re-sharpen and kill again). Prior record for a singe broadhead was 7 deer. When a head gets damaged beyond repair, a new head goes on the same arrow so I dont even know how many game animals any single arrow has taken but I suspect its in the dozens. I get a pass through nearly 100% of the time so the arrow just gets washed down and reused. Carbon arrows are pretty durable. I didnt have that sort of repeat usability back in the days of wood and aluminum arrows.

I was getting several trail cam pics of a whitetail I named Chickenfoot. I wrote his name on the fletching in advance hoping to put it through him. Everytime I sat in the treestand I knocked that arrow. I never did get an opportunity at him.

Don't really keep track, arrows are in quiver and get cleaned up, blades replaced and put back in quiver til they are no longer suitable. End of season they go in the 3D quiver and I start again in the fall. I do know the two doe I shot this year where the same arrow, but other than that.....

I don't keep track on arrows. Since I have a lot of them I just use another arrow for the next animal cause it has a sharp broad head on it. Ill clean off the used arrow and if the broad head is still good I may use it for a grouse if I see one. But I use a handheld release and I use my knife and scrap a notch in it for every animal I kill with that release. Hopefully when It gets retired I can either be very proud of all the notches in it or be disappointed at how bad of a hunter I am :p

It has been a while back, but one afternoon of archery elk hunting turned into a turkey hunt and I put an arrow through a Merriams. As I was carrying it back to the truck, I about stepped on a rattle snake.... who also got it from the same arrow. After tending to the bird, I screwed in another broadhead and spin tested the arrow...... flash forward two hours and that same arrow was passing through a big cow elk.

I don't really keep track, but I am sure I have had an arrow or two that took more than 3 critters, but never on the same day.

I currently have one in the quiver that's killed 3 deer one this year and two last year. First time I've ever had one last past 2 deer.

2 raccoons, mule deer and a wild boar, I usually never use the same arrow twice but I was poor back then.. aluminum shaft also ...

I don’t have an arrow with a lot of bodies, but I bet my arrow I keep a judo tip on has the most misses of any arrow on HT.

My answer is simple: One, a 5x5 bull elk that I shot back in 1973 with a spot and stalk 10 yard shot with a Herter's recurve bow and a fiberglass arrow with a Bear Razor insert broadhead. When the bull ran after the shot, both ends of the arrow broke off and all I found was about a foot of the center of the arrow shaft inside the bull's chest. That bull was my only velvet elk and I still have the rack hanging in the rafters in my garage with most of my other elk, deer, and antelope racks. I probably threw that section of arrow shaft away back in '73.

I continued to archery hunt through the '80s, but didn't shoot anything and those hunts became more of scouting trips for the later rifle seasons.

My first two were with the same arrow, since then they have all been broken or lost.

One arrow and my arrow is gone. A buddy has his "special" arrow though from the little I learned, I don't need a splintering shaft when rocketing the arrow after "x" amount of impacts through animals. They are cheap enough... Difference between an arrow impacting my hay bales and glinting off bone, etc. To each his/her own.

All my arrows are 1 and done. Not because I cant reuse them but because I like to save those arrows and put them on plaques. A good way to remember hunts. And it's well worth spending money to replace it to me at least

All my arrows are 1 and done. Not because I cant reuse them but because I like to save those arrows and put them on plaques. A good way to remember hunts. And it's well worth spending money to replace it to me at least

Same. One, and done, and into the bouquet of arrows in the garage. I take the collar and broadhead off though.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back