NEW SITKA Ambient 75

More Snow...

ERSS

Anyone else had enough! Woke up to another white morning...We are having one hell of a snow year. Bet it is going to take a toll on the deer and elk herds. We are seeing alot more animals spending thier winter closer to town...

Attachments

• Snow deck.jpg
    Snow deck.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 168
Wow, beautiful house and location. Where at? If you don't mind.

We were getting nailed in December, then it stopped. Snowing now, but doens't seem to have the temps to really get going.

It rained at my house this morning. I love living in the banana belt of Colorado.

Thanks, that is our cabin, but since I mostly work at home now, I spend about half my time up there. It's only 40 minutes from the house, so we do spend a lot of time up there. It is located about 7 miles from the SW corner of Yellowstone Park, East of Ashton ID, in the Cave Falls area. It does get pounded with snow up there some years, and this is one of them.

Got my elk a little fresh browse this christmas:D

Attachments

• Cabin snow.jpg
    Cabin snow.jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 158
  • elk browse.jpg
    elk browse.jpg
    29.1 KB · Views: 159
We got hit hard early with snow and really low temps, hard for here anyways. Then we had temperatures in the forties and fifties for a stretch, melted most of it off. Now we're cold again but no precipitation at all. Looking like our herds are going to have another easy winter.

Nice Cabin... That is alot of snow....thanks for the pics......send some of that stuff down here....We have been getting warm rain....and its way to hot for winter.. Good looking Bull:cool:

I've been hoping for a bit more personally, finding fresh powder is getting harder. So far animals are looking fat and happy that I'm seeing.

It's been raining here in the SLC area for 3 days. We had a fair bit of snow in Dec, but my yard's pretty clear. Good news is that many of the mountain snowpacks are around average, yet the lower country is a bit free of snow. So far the critters seem to be wintering very well in No. UT.

Nice house. I'm with you on the snow. This winter sucks. I started burning canel coal in my shop two years ago. Go global warming.hump I used 4 ton at 40.00/ton the past two winters. This year I bought 7 ton. Figured I keep it toasty. All gone last week. Tried to get more when it hit 40 one day and the owner said he had 15 inches of snow and solid ice under that. I can get other coal but it doesn't burn near as hot or clean. No klingers,just powder. I'm going to buy a bunch next summer and sell it.
Had to turn the gas furnance back on.:(

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juicer52
Back