PEAX Equipment

More Podcast talk...add to the list

MThuntr

OK I need an updated podcast list...I find myself skipping most of them lately (except Meateater & HuntTalk Radio) as it seems I'm hearing the same stories over and over or their production quality has dropped off. I've actually deleted several that I just flat out got tired of.

Add your favorites (doesn't have to be hunting) but explain give your review as to why you listen. You can skip MeatEater and HuntTalk as they tend to be self explanatory.

Joe Rogan Experience. I filter for guests that sound interesting. Plenty of hunting folks have been guests there. For me, quite a few non-hunting topics that are pretty darn interesting.

Joe Rogan Experience. I filter for guests that sound interesting. Plenty of hunting folks have been guests there. For me, quite a few non-hunting topics that are pretty darn interesting.
Same here,but he has some I can do without like Milo & women cage brawlers....lol

Freakonomics. It encourages a view of problem solving issues based largely on data, while aknowledging the impact of social pressure and intangibles on decision making.

Last edited by a moderator:
The way I heard it with with Mike Rowe is great its each episode is a 5-10 minute shorty story.

Hardcore History with Dan Carlin

Shootin the bull With Ty Stubblefield is becoming one of my favorite hunting podcasts

Eastmans Elevated (great hunting info & stories) & Bill Burr (hilarious).

A history of the United States, the art of manliness, and the hunt backcountry are a few of my favorites. Myths and legends is pretty cool too. Agree about the Mike Rowe podcast.

Nine Finger Chronicals: I filter for gear reviews I am interested in and Hunter profile stories that sound interesting
Wired to Hunt: Generally listen to all of them Mark Kenyon does a good job of keeping it interesting
Radiolab: Pretty much just a filler when I can't find anything to listen to, but has been some pretty interesting episodes
Shooting the Bull: Was rough with them talking over themselves a lot when they kicked the cast off, but I like Ty stubblefield from the times he has been on Gritty bowmen
Gritty Bowmen (youtube): Aaron Snyder just clicks with me.
PowerfulJRE (Joe Rogan) (Youtube):I filter the guests because some of them just aren't interesting, but a lot of them are very entertaining and informative
Truth from the stand: I just started listening to them
The hunting beast(youtube): Great DIY whitetail hunting tactics.
Team VTAC: started listening to a couple episodes after Kyle Lamb was on Hunttalk
Hunt Gather: Haven't seen any new episodes in a while, but Hank shaw does a good job with the cooking podcast.

I've been enjoying eastmans elevated esp. the recent "Making the most of a great hunt." Great story of an insane pack out...

This American Life is a super non-hunting radio show.

I like political podcasts, though I know they are not for everyone. "It's all Politics" is my go to source for national political happenings.

I like the dirtbag diaries, but it's not for everyone. Same with NPRs TED radio hour, How I Built This, and occasional reruns of Car Talk. Radiolab is consistently good.

I have an extremely eclectic range of regular podcast listening. After I've caught up with MeatEater & Randy Newberg Unfiltered and I don't want to listen to a rerun of either it's (in no particular order):
Joe Rogan Experience
Bill Burr
Radiolab
This American Life
The Moth
Risk! (this one can be good or also seriously screwy)
Snap Judgment
Freakonomics
Hardcore History
Fresh Air
Planet Money
99% invisible
Car Talk
A Prairie Home Companion: The News From Lake Wobegon

I have an extremely eclectic range of regular podcast listening. After I've caught up with MeatEater & Randy Newberg Unfiltered and I don't want to listen to a rerun of either it's (in no particular order):
Joe Rogan Experience
Bill Burr
Radiolab
This American Life
The Moth
Risk! (this one can be good or also seriously screwy)
Snap Judgment
Freakonomics
Hardcore History
Fresh Air
Planet Money
99% invisible
Car Talk
A Prairie Home Companion: The News From Lake Wobegon

Highly enjoy 99% Invisible. One of those Podcasts where you actually are just a bit smarter at the end of it than you were when you started, and entertained.

The new one that just dropped is S-Town, from the producers of Serial. It is an interesting story, with great story telling of rural, white, Alabama.

At the end of S-Town, you really don't know how you feel about any of the characters, if they are sympathetic or if they are less desirable. 7 episodes total, all dropped last week.

The first 2 seasons of Serial, Hunt-Talk, Meateater, Lore, and Up and Vanished. Just binge listened to S-town and while it was entertaining enough I'm not sure how I feel about it. I guess if you aren't from the rural south then it's a view of what life can be like down here. I throw some Joe Rogan, the Jay Scott podcast, and This American Life in from time to time also. I have a 45min commute 4-5 days a weeks so podcasts are my favorite way to pass the time.

Last edited:
Highly enjoy 99% Invisible. One of those Podcasts where you actually are just a bit smarter at the end of it than you were when you started, and entertained.

The new one that just dropped is S-Town, from the producers of Serial. It is an interesting story, with great story telling of rural, white, Alabama.

At the end of S-Town, you really don't know how you feel about any of the characters, if they are sympathetic or if they are less desirable. 7 episodes total, all dropped last week.

I 100% agree on S-town. I listened to the series and was hooked and super irritated by the end, but in an entertained way.

Me and My son started the History of Pirates podcast series. It's done in a simple enough way my son can keep up even with the historical jargon.

I listen to:
Gun Talk
Hunt Backcountry
Jay Scott Outdoors
Wired to Hunt

The Way I Heard It - interesting short stories with Mike Rowe
Dave Ramsey - so I can afford to hunt more!

And obviously Hunt talk and Meateater

Back