More opinions

Redmt

Well-known member
Joined
Feb 12, 2021
Messages
4,945
Location
San Antonio Valley California
I don't mean this to be a discussion of right and wrong or to shit talk moral standards. I'm referring to the Fort Hood shooter. Some folks are in an uprage because the sentence will be carried out live on TV. My .04 cents is that if you don't like what's on TV, change the channel. I'll bet that there's a few here that have seen someone shot or seen the aftermath. It ain't pretty.
@Lostinthewoods please delete if you don't think it's appropriate.
 
I'm fine with the sentence, but sending it out for millions of school kids around the world to watch in secret is a disastrous idea. I can't believe it's even on the table. Its just broadcasting gore porn. No one will care about what he did, they just want to watch another human die.

Seeing a dead body has never improved my mental health.
 
I'm not sure how I feel about it. Can't be any worse than when they get there 15 min of fame on the news. Idk I guess im not well versed enough.
 
One of the most backwards brutalist countries in the world, Saudi Arabia, recently moved away from public executions. Now we’re picking it up.

This administration is going full steam ahead with the bread and circus theatrics. Pay no mind to the president in the Epstein Files umpteen times or his children somehow becoming rare earth mineral and weapons experts as soon as pentagon contracts are sent for bid.
 
I hate that this is back in the news. A girl I went to high school with was one of the victims, she was always very nice- gone far too soon.

I hate this man, but I am against the death penalty. Live-streaming it is disgusting.
I think that you might be one to ask. When does punishment cross over to revenge?
 
Death yes. Televised no. I would want to be there and pull the trigger if this happened to Sophia or Mia. I would have to pray hard to want it to be clean and quick.

Have any of you watched “Gunpowder” on HBO Max? It’s an amazing look into this realm during the King James reign, and the plot to kill him. Warning, it is very graphic. It made my arms tingle. Drawn and quartered…

We’re better than public executions.
 
Elect a clown, expect a circus and that's exactly what we get every day.

This is just more reality T.V. for the clown-in-chief.

This is sure to be a real winner for the R's in the mid-terms. Squandered away and they all let it happen without even a whimper, but did lick those boots to a high shine.

The one thing I'm thankful for is that all my Grandparents didn't live long enough to see this shit show. They wouldn't recognize what we've become.
 
More theatrics. I have little doubt televising the execution will do absolutely nothing to deter future criminal events. It really isn’t that far removed from ISIS televising beheadings.
I hadn’t thought of it like that and appreciate the comment. I think your right and a more streamlined path would do more than public viewed
 

Forum statistics

Threads
120,179
Messages
2,252,448
Members
39,107
Latest member
wkshaw
Back
Top