MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

More KW Pictures

View

This is a pic taken from te inside of a mine shaft looking out. My dogs bayed this tom about 60 yrds in this mine. After giving them plenty of time to run him out, and hearing one of the dogs get caught, I got out my pen light,and eased in to where the cat was bayed in a side shaft, The dust was pretty bad, but I knew right where he was by my two dogs. When I got within about 6 ft, I could see his front foot reach out to slap at my dogs, but the lion was around the corner. As I got closer, my dogs got braver and he moved a little further back in the side shaft, so I held the light in one hand and my .22 in the other, and looked around the corner. He was 5 ft away. Shot him in the head as quick as I could. I was more scared that the mine might cave than the lion but as the shaft was about 4ft high and 5ft wide, things might have got tight,had he made a break for it. My hair truly felt like it was standing on end. The lion is at the bottom being drug out in the first pic, sorry about the quality, but I wanted to see if it would post KW

That is some cool KW. Face to face pulling the trigger in a mine shaft on a lion,no, I cant beat that one !!!!! Where else but with hounds do you get to experience somethuing like that. thanks for the pics KW
I got a bear in a cave 2 years ago but nothing compared to this. I will try and post some pics of that later. You guys hauling on the rope reminded me of it.

Sounds like you had a fun time there KW.I have put numerous bears into rock piles and small caves But never had to go in after them.Keep em treed OR caved LOL

------------------
We having fun yet//Tobey
View

Back