Save $100 on the Leupold VX-3HD

More dall sheep pictures

BuzzH

DS, heres a few more pics for you to look at. Just so you know what to shoot at!

This ram was taken by my budd Doug, the same day I shot mine. This is an exceptional ram in my opinion. It doesnt score as much as the ram I took, but its a much prettier sheep, you couldnt ask for a more classic looking dall ram. But this sheep still makes the awards book at 160 and change, anyone want to guess the horn length?

Dougsram.jpg

Dougsram2.jpg

Finally I'll also include this last picture of five rams that are all really good. They are in order of B&C score from left to right, the two farthest left (and also the largest) were picked up winterkills. The scores in order from left are 172, 169, 167 (green)my ram, 165 (green) some doctors ram, and 163 (green)Dougs ram. That is about 850 inches of dall sheep in one picture, not bad. Notice how deep these rams drop, you have to like those Chugach rams!

fiverams.jpg

HOLY COW THAT IS ONE IMPRESSIVE LINE-UP of DALL SHEEP!!

That picture of your buddy is awesome!

My guess is 38" on the long side on your buddie's ram.. but I wouldn't care, I'd be just aiming.

Was that a Dan Montgomery camp?

Beatiful sheep! I hope to someday get up to Alaska or NWT for dalls and/or stones.

My guess on horn length is that he's just shy of 38". 37.25" (give or take a few.)

If you don't mind sharing info, who was the guide? Cost of guided hunt?

T Bone

<FONT COLOR="#800080" SIZE="1">[ 08-09-2002 16:36: Message edited by: T Bone ]</font>

T-BONE.... DON't be getting a stiffy now... The deal was A truck (NO HUNT).. And I think you bought a new truck.....

BUT, .. If you work out adeal wit hthe wife... CALL me, I'll dump my wife with yours for 7-10 days and I'll be your hunting partner
HAHA !!

HEY BUZZZZZZZzzzzzzzz.... NICE critters. You keep calling them "Chugach rams".. Is that a "TYPE" ? Or location ?

It's amountain range in Alaska, Moosie,........so that makes it a location ;)

Nice sheep buddy.....I'd be lucky to pull one like that without the pro guide.....I'm wingin' it at best.
DS

Greenhorn, pretty good guess on the sheep, its actually 39 4/8 on the long side, and 39 1/8 on the short side. Those are all sheep from Dan Montgomerys camp. That was a good year f0r him, he averaged over 40" for the sheep he took out of his open guide area. They also took a couple hogs out of the draw areas that year.

Just wanted to bring these one up to the top again... man these Dall sheep pictures you guys are posting are awesome.

These are great pics!!!Thanks for bringing them back Greenie...I missed them because of fires!! :D

How did I miss this thread??? GREAT pictures!!! If I am able to just see a live one of those before I die I'll be happy!

GOHUNT Insider

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back