PEAX Equipment

MOOSIES BIG GAME weekend...........

Moosie

Grand poopa
SO SO… How did the First Day go…..

Lemme tall ya, Wylee and me brought the 5th wheel up to Lowman today to set up my BASE CAMP for the hunting season. We then left and drove around scouting then started a LONG hike back into the BUSH….

WE did see a Few Cows “BUTTS” and a Deer but nothing too promising… It was a long hard hike in and HOT HOT HOT I think It got to 91 Deg….. Anyways, We noticed a “NIPPLE” (if you will), coming out the Side of one of the tire wall… After the Hike we came back to the Truck and went to change it. A forest service guy drive by and Pulled over, I told Chris that if he asks if we have a Flat I don’t know what I’ll do. Well… He walked up looked at the flat tire…..And YUP he asked it . I swear he didn’t even Blink an EYE !!!!

“Do you guy have a flat” ? Well I looked up at him and Said “NOPE”, (As soon as I said this he started shaking his head because He new he’d goofed) then I said “We just like Pulling over and Changing a random tire :D”. He followed up with, Well, I like to Ask Stupid Questions….

I never thought In a million years I would ever get the change to say “HERE’S Your Sign……..” But this day is Marked on the Calendar…

ON our way home, I was Looking up this one side of the Hill across this river saying that I wanted to Hunt it because None else does. As I continued to Drive down the road, I slammed on the brakes and Said “BEAR” !!!! We looked at it for a second and I said I was Going to get it. Chris asked how I was getting across the Cold Swift river… My reply
“I’m Going to SWIM IT” ?

I pulled up the road into a Pullout (It was Illegal to Part it the road were there is a tight fit and no Pullouts) and we got our hand signals down and I grabbed the Bow and Rangefinders and I was OFF. Wylee Asked
it the bear was Worth it, and my reply was “WITH MY BOW IT IS”…..Wylee having been hunting with me many times Before (AND KNOWS ME) Just grabbed the camera and we were off… As Luck would have it (AND BAD LUCK IT WAS) The bear watched us pull down the road and park (I think) and I goofed it up by stopping right away in the first place. I bailed off the road and Down the steep embankment and headed for the river. I
waded/swam across the river and Worked my way down towards were I thought the bear was. After going across and making my way down, I got the Hand signal from Wylee that It was Blown. I Came back across the
river back to Wylee. I can’t say that was the SMARTEST hunting move I’ve ever Made, But I would do it again in a heartbeat, And it WAS the funniest one for sure !!!!!! Man the Adrenaline rush… I have Pics of Me
going across but unfortunately no bear….. Maybe Next time…..

riverx.jpg

riverx1.jpg

riverx2.jpg

Anyways, Sat was the First day out and I had a Great time. Wylee doesn’t bowhunt, and I had my bow but mainly was Scouting some area, But a GREAT time was had. They have that old bear joke about the last bear telling the guy “You don’t come out here for the hunting do you”.. Well, Having
a Hunting partner like Wylee, Laughing all day and Sharing great Memories, It isn’t always About the hunting. Sat, Like many others will be a Day I remember all my life !!!

I was gonna ask how you were going to sneak up on that bear in your white shirt, but then I realized that it was part of your plan... you were either going to act like a picnicker or you were going to roll around in the dirt after getting all wet to camo yourself. :D Or maybe you AREN'T there for the hunting??? ;)

Yep, I was going to comment on the choice of camo too!

Oh well, Moosie. At least it's obvious how DEDICATED you are! :D ;)

Oak

OK Smart ARSH's ......... First off, I was Heading home After a LONG HOT day of hikeing... 2nd off. the BEars Location was On a Rock heading down and the "THEORY" behind the Ordeal was to Aproach TOP SIDE along the Rocks and pop out 18 yards above............. Look at the Picture of the rocks in Pic 2...... OH yes...... EAT your Comments :rolleyes: ;) ;)

NOW....... THAT being said... I still goofed it up and I should have done more then just put the camo top back on :D :D

Fun non the less
:rolleyes:

LMAO too funny Moosie!!!!!! At least ya tried instead of looking back later in the day and wishing ya tried at least ya got to cool off in the river. Sometimes goofy stalks work.
Chris

Just on a wild guess, I'll bet you could have used a thimble instead of a small pot after you got out of that stream. That looks like really cold water. :cool:

Thimble indeedy DANR.. HEre is a River I was Goofing in when I crossed it last year to PAck Wylees Deer out..... SNOW on top... River ICE COLD... BRrrrrrrrr..

shootinginwater.jpg

Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back