Moose, sheep & goat application reminder

Elkhunter

MOOSE, BIGHORN SHEEP AND MOUNTAIN GOAT APPLICATION DEADLINE FEB. 28
For Immediate Release

CHEYENNE – It’s the time for both residents and nonresidents to be thinking about where they want to apply for moose, bighorn sheep and mountain goat. The applications must be received at the Wyoming Game and Fish Department’s Cheyenne office by 5 p.m. Feb. 28.

Applicants are reminded they have the option of purchasing a moose or bighorn sheep preference point for $7, without actually applying for a license. Complete instructions are available in the application booklet.

Because late applications have the double jeopardy of both not being entered for a chance to draw a license and losing a preference point, hunters are encouraged to mail their applications by Feb. 15

The application deadline for nonresident deer and antelope is March 15.

Applications are available from the G&F Web site at gf.state.us, G&F offices, license agents and by calling (800) 842-1934 or (307) 777-4600 out of state.

-WGFD-

Elkhunter

Sending my $7 off for the preference point on sheep. Just trying to acquire enough points to be competitive in the tag drawings.

No offense to you, but do you see any irony in your post? I always get a chuckle out of posts such as yours, becuase as the greedy guy I am, I want the best odds at drawing. If I am advertising to the public, hey the deadline is near, I'm gonna remind somebody that hey I need to send my money in. I'm sure there are only a select few from the board who will ever play the tag lottery, but for each person this post reminds, your chances of drawing that same tag decrease.

I remember back a few years ago when Alaska changed the deadline on their sheep tags from spring to winter. I didn't remind a sole. As expected, many people forgot about this, and never sent their apps in. I felt if ever I was going to draw, that would be the year. Guess what? I didn't draw, probably never will.

smile.gif
vis

<FONT COLOR="#800080" SIZE="1">[ 02-09-2003 15:07: Message edited by: Ovis ]</font>

Well beings that a % of the tags go to non-res hunters anyway, it really doesn't matter if you put in for one or not. It only ups your chances. There are only a few Wyoming residents on this board so what are the chances they are going to apply for the same area as I am. And if they do, good luck to them.
wink.gif

Glad to hear you say that, I'll take your sheep, goat, or moose tag without even looking back.
wink.gif

Good luck in the draw.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Uncle_Danno
Back