Moose Hunting Ended In MN

NOWiser,
thanks for posting that, I watch the MN outdoor news site pretty closley but had not seen that.

If wolves end up being the "culprit" I would sure think that would put a pretty big "Chink" in the wolf hugger's armor as far as getting the moratorium to pass.

Whatever is causing the die off, I sure hope we can curb it and save our moose and hopefully get their population back

Even though the North Dakota moose population is good, two of it's original units M1-C (which borders northern Minnesota) and M4 are closed. The moose appear to be migrating west; 50 of the 110 total ND tags were allotted in unit M10 (which borders Montana). Twenty years ago, you didn't see any moose in western ND (no unit out there) now that's were most of them reside... I was fortunate enough to draw one of these "Once in a Lifetime" ND tags this year, so hopefully I'll harvest a moose in my home state for a change. I'd recommend building points in Montana, they'll end up with moose numbers in the eastern half of the state (along the Canadian border) before too long.

North Dakota needs to do away with cows being legal to shoot. They don't have that many Moose here.It is a rare animal here in the states. They waited to long on no mule deer does here, think they whould learn. They even waited to long on cutting all deer tags back after the 2 bad winters 3-4 years ago. Iv'e seen deer numbers plumbet in My home state of AZ., and New Mexico , cause of the drought the last 15 years (and wolves in some areas) and it takes to long for them to come back. You Guys in Minn. Need to form a group for the Moose quickly. Good luck......BOB!

I know I've said this before, but, I'm betting they are going to find that the wolves are decimating the young calves and thus, the whole population of moose. I watched a wolf a few years ago slip in and out of the woods in the early morning light checking the water to see if he might be able to catch a cow and calf out in the water. I hope they figure out something, its a special day in the BWCA to see a moose nowadays. I like seeing the wolves too, but, need a good balance and I see it swinging towards the wolf right now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmarshall173
Back