Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Moose heart roll

WoodMoose

heart - my favorite hunk of meat
decided I wanted something different

took a moose heart, cut off the bottom (end cap) to make a level surface, then spiral cut it to make a long stretch of meat goodness

IMG_2926.jpg

IMG_2928.jpg

then seasoned with garlic pepper and spread some parsley on it, then thai basil, then some mint, small green onions, and jalapenos,

IMG_2929.jpg

IMG_2930.jpg

rolled it up tight and skewered (tying with butcher twine would work as well)

IMG_2931.jpg

set on end in a baking dish, and put a couple of dollops of bear grease on it,,, then added some braising juice made from 3 parts water, 1 part wine (should of used red, but only had white in the fridge - don't use it much) and 1 part soy sauce - pour that into bottom of pain to 1" deep ish

IMG_2932.jpg

then baked at 350 for an hour - could have used a bit more, but what the heck, I like rare heart anyhow

IMG_2936.jpg

and what it looked like after first cut off to eat,,,

IMG_2937.jpg

it was delicious (what heart meal isn't???)
served with sticky rice and some "fried chili in oil" straight from the PRC,,,

IMG_2939.jpg

heart - my favorite hunk of meat
decided I wanted something different

took a moose heart, cut off the bottom (end cap) to make a level surface, then spiral cut it to make a long stretch of meat goodness

View attachment 230547

View attachment 230548

then seasoned with garlic pepper and spread some parsley on it, then thai basil, then some mint, small green onions, and jalapenos,

View attachment 230549

View attachment 230550

rolled it up tight and skewered (tying with butcher twine would work as well)

View attachment 230551

set on end in a baking dish, and put a couple of dollops of bear grease on it,,, then added some braising juice made from 3 parts water, 1 part wine (should of used red, but only had white in the fridge - don't use it much) and 1 part soy sauce - pour that into bottom of pain to 1" deep ish

View attachment 230552

then baked at 350 for an hour - could have used a bit more, but what the heck, I like rare heart anyhow

View attachment 230553

and what it looked like after first cut off to eat,,,

View attachment 230554

it was delicious (what heart meal isn't???)
served with sticky rice and some "fried chili in oil" straight from the PRC,,,

View attachment 230555
I want to lick my screen

Back