Moose dish, not suited for wuss!

Come on now, my elk tenderloins are barely browned. I haven't died yet.
I did eat a "blue rare", 100 day dry aged, Kobe steak on a business trip once. $100 spent and a race back to the room clenching. Worth every bit of per diem spent, though
I have no qualms with eating a blue rare elk steak, and my wife gags every time she sees me sneak a pinch of ground elk when I open the pack.

There is no greater sin than overcooked meat.

Last edited:
educate me on the smoking aspect

and been a long bit (80s) since I've had any Suntory whisky
Nothing fancy; I use a portable smoke infuser to cold smoke cheese, fish/meats, cocktails, or just about anything I want to have a light smoke flavor/scent. For this dish, I only used a pinch of alder smoke chips. Amazon has quite a few of these gadgets.

my step-dad introduced me to "cannibal sandwiches" when I was a kid,,,
I've made moose tartare and really liked it,,
super rare (raw) meat is delicious

portable smoke infuser

that's what I was looking for - thanks

I have no qualms with eating a blue rare elk steak, and my wife gags every time she sees me sneak a pinch of ground elk when I open the pack.

There is no greater sin than overcooked meat.
In our county courthouse there are pics every judge that ever sat on the bench of our county history. Each pic has a bit of information about the judge. I read about one judge that was retired marine. He was known to eat raw ground beef spread on crackers during court. Kinda triggers the gag reflex a bit.

Did Liver King join you for dinner?

Attachments

• OIP.jpg
    OIP.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 3
heck, rare cooked steak is barely above raw....and really should get served "blue rare",,,,

but everyone has their own preferences,,,

In our county courthouse there are pics every judge that ever sat on the bench of our county history. Each pic has a bit of information about the judge. I read about one judge that was retired marine. He was known to eat raw ground beef spread on crackers during court. Kinda triggers the gag reflex a bit.
Raw burger on Ritz crackers is one of my all-time favorite snacks.

I've never eaten raw beef, but I've always thought it looked appetizing. Any of you guys ever gotten sick from it?

Caribou Gear

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rifleman270
Back