Moose bags

OK you two...Which is more compact before use? (TAGS looks more compact in the pictures)

and which is more resistant to abrasion? I'm thinking sling ropes on saddle horses.

I am convinced either of these will be more resilient than the AK bags I've used before.

Oak I savvy...

I can't compare the TAG bags to Randy's, as I haven't used his. The TAG bags were recently "upgraded", which made them more durable and about half again as heavy as the old ones. I preferred the old style, simply because they were less bulky and were strong "enough." I think the TAG bags would be durable enough to handle normal wear when packing out with horses.

Here is a bag of 5 of the smaller bags:

Attachments

• TAGSbags.JPG
    TAGSbags.JPG
    353.8 KB · Views: 188
Oak, Above and Beyond...

Thanks. I may have to get one of each and try em out.

I know the last batch of TAG bags Larry got were made with a different material then what he previsouly used, he wasn't all that happy about it but he still had no trouble selling them. I love these bags, i've got 2 sets of moose bags and a set of the caribou bags which I used on my sheep last year, they were actually a bit big and I didn't use them all.

Best thing about the TAG bags is how they come clean so easily and they dry in a matter of a few minutes in any kind of breeze.

I know the last batch of TAG bags Larry got were made with a different material then what he previsouly used, he wasn't all that happy about it but he still had no trouble selling them.
Does that mean that the change in material was only temporary? I liked the old ones better.

Yes, he told me it was a one time thing for last year and he was going back to the original bag material. I know he's out chasing caribou right now but I'll get ahold of him and see if he's back to the old material again, will let you know as soon as I find out.

I have about 5 sets of these, made from 3 different fabrics. The ones I bought last year are similar to the original, but just a bit thicker, but have slighly bigger weave. The ones from a couple years ago are almost a rip stop kind of fabric, are very strong, but twice as thick as the original.

I like the last version the best, they're much stronger than the original, and only marginally heavier. The original ones rip really easy.

As a side note, the latest version are no match for a hungry wolverine...

I have about 5 sets of these, made from 3 different fabrics. The ones I bought last year are similar to the original, but just a bit thicker, but have slighly bigger weave. The ones from a couple years ago are almost a rip stop kind of fabric, are very strong, but twice as thick as the original.

I like the last version the best, they're much stronger than the original, and only marginally heavier. The original ones rip really easy.

As a side note, the latest version are no match for a hungry wolverine...
One version that Oak has/had is no match for a field mouse either... :D

Talked to Larry about the Tag bags, he told me that they have gone back to the original material used when he first designed these bags. They are very light and do an excellent job of protecting your game meat.

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrGeauxNewMexico
Back